Published: 3:10 PM 2/26/2016
triangular shaped craft landed in neighbouring woods...
By Ruth Halkon
A former US naval officer has lifted the lid on supposedly top secret documents which he claims proves Britain's biggest UFO sighting was real.
In December 1980, the skies above Suffolk were ablaze with strange lights in the biggest UFO sighting in the UK as dozens of witnesses allegedly saw an alien aircraft land.
Now, more than 35 years later, a former US naval officer has joined other military personnel in claiming he has seen top secret documents which prove the extraordinary sightings at Rendlesham Forest were geniune.
The 49-year-old, who prefers to remain anonymous, claims to have valuable new evidence about the Rendlesham UK UFO mass sightings, in Suffolk in 1980.
The married man, now living in Ohio, said he was based at NAS Moffett Field, in California, and he was there from February 1986 to October 1989, while also working with contacts in Silicone Valley.
He told the Express: "I have never seen a UFO or ET or alien, however I have seen literally tens of thousand of documents confirming they are real and have visited Earth."
Confirmation: He says he knows Rendlesham actually happened
The veteran reportedly said he was now able to speak because his confidentiality agreement with the US authorities expired in 2014.
Asked why he had not removed some of the pictures or other evidence, he said: "Legally, you are not authorised to walk off with classified information. That is treason and treason is a felony.
"I do not possess anything other than my testimony and documents that authorise that I legitimately had the individual top-secret security clearances."
He said a man in his 60s with higher security clearance had told him in detail about the mysterious Rendlesham Forest case and how aliens were definitely involved.
The Rendlesham legend has been dubbed Britain's Roswell after the mystery UFO crash said to have happened outside the town in New Mexico, USA, in July 1947.
Three US officers based at RAF Bentwaters claimed a "triangular shaped craft" landed in neighbouring woods in the early hours of December 26 1980.
He is the second US military officer to come forward in recent months, after Colonel Charles Halt, who was deputy colonel at the Bentwaters airbase on the two nights spoke in Jully.
He also said he had been told by two radar operators that an unknown object was tracked at the time.
He added he had seen a mysterious object with a red light that kept on bobbing up and down in a field and claimed sparks came off it and it exploded.