1) Make a note of the exact date and time you saw the object. Write down any and everything you saw. Make a drawing if possible.
2) List all witnesses' names, addresses, and phone numbers. Provide ages and occupations when possible.
3) Give your exact location at the time of the sighting. Street address, city, state, country.
4) Describe the weather. Was it sunny? Overcast? Raining? A clear night? Full moon?
5) In what part of the sky was the UFO located? North, South, East, West? On the horizon or straight overhead or somewhere in between?
6) Did the UFO move? How far and how fast? Describe its movements in detail.
7) Describe the appearance of the UFO: its shape, size, distance from you and above the ground, color, texture, sound. Draw a picture of it or get someone else to.
8) Describe the area in which you made the sighting. Is it near an airport? An Air Force Base? A military or research installation of any kind?
9) Write a narrative describing what happened in your own words, just as it happened.
10) If there were other witnesses, have each of them write their own report, without consulting with each other. Have one person collect all of the sighting reports.
11) If you wish to report the sighting to your local authorities or to the military, then do so. Remember, distribute only copies of reports or photos. Do not give the originals to anyone. Make a copy of everything related to the sighting.