NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Kealakekua, HI, United States, 03/31/2007 - Almost 1100 individuals participated in an online survey on possible extraterrestrial visitation to Earth. The survey was conducted over a twelve month period from March 17, 2006 to March 19, 2007 by the Hawaii based Exopolitics Institute.
Key survey results are the following:
1. 85% of respondents believe that extraterrestrial civilizations are visiting the Earth;
2. 86% believe that the U.S. and other national governments are “covering up information about extraterrestrial visitors;”
3. 73% of respondents would be “excited and hopeful” if national governments announced the existence of extraterrestrial visitors;
4. 57% of respondents said they “would understand” an official policy of covering up extraterrestrial visitation on national security grounds and would request “information on why it was adopted;”
5. 48% of respondents said they would be “very angry and call for the punishment of responsible officials” if it were learned that agreements with some extraterrestrial visitors had been reached that were outside of constitutional processes;
6. Almost 62% did not support the development of space weapons that might be used against extraterrestrial visitors;
7. And, over 85% wished for extraterrestrials to “show up” and “indisputably prove their existence to the world”.
According to the survey organizer, Dr Michael Salla, the survey demonstrates that “individuals are eager to have governments disclose the truth about extraterrestrial visitation, and to deal with the policy implications of the cover up in a manner that respects national security concerns.” He further concludes that that “the general public is ready to play a more active role in ensuring greater transparency and accountability regarding government policy on extraterrestrial visitation.”
The survey report was published in the April addition of the Exopolitics Journal and is available online.
The Exopolitics Institute is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to scholarly analysis of the individuals, actors and political processes associated with extraterrestrial life.
Source & References:
UFO Casebook Home Page