Published: 6:17 AM 12/26/2013
Manhattan, New York - 12-21-13
Hi my name is Carolyn. I was taking pictures of the Manhattan skyline while driving from New Jersey heading into the Lincoln tunnel. There was a little traffic and I was doing about 20 something miles per hour and my friend was with me in the car.
I was driving; I know it was a bad idea but I was being very careful, holding the camera up and shooting these pictures through the window.
Something appeared in the way as I was trying to take the picture of the skyline and seemed to be moving around so I waited for it to go away and my friend warned me to stop so I just snapped a picture anyway quickly not really capturing the skyline at all.
I looked back to see what it was but there was nothing there.
The whole happened quickly. We were both snapping pictures of the skyline. But she was not looking because I didn't say anything and she was focused on me driving.
After we looked at the pictures later on we were just wondering what it was. It could be anything and I am just curious to know what it was because I can't figure out on my own and it appeared to be moving diagonally and side to side and nothing was there about a minute later.
I was thinking maybe something on the glass. There was nothing big on the glass and this seemed to be big and in the sky, but I could be wrong.
It also seemed to be moving but I was focusing on the road. There is probably a simple explanation but I don't know how to analyze it. So here are answers to the questions on your website.
1. It was Saturday, December 21st around 5 pm.
2. I saw the thing through the camera and my friend was facing me so it was just me that saw it.
3. I was approaching Lincoln tunnel from Jersey.
4. It was a clear, calm evening, some clouds.
5. Not sure what part of the sky it just seemed to be possibly in between over the water the city and where I was. Very close to and towards the Lincoln Tunnel to go into Manhattan.
6. Seemed to be moving side to side and then diagonally up and down, I was looking at it through the camera but it's possible it was something on my windshield. It could have been zoomed when I was taking pic but if so not sure how much.