Published: 9:23 AM 4/7/2013
- For more than 65 years, there have been worldwide reports of sightings, landings and crashes of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) which are under intelligent control, and which travel at speeds and with aeronautical capabilities far surpassing those of known, earthly military and commercial aircraft.
- Those accounts have been affirmed by the testimony of many reliable witnesses, including astronauts, generals, admirals, law enforcement officials, airline pilots and other highly credentialed individuals.
- Some UFO crashes have been retrieved by military personnel of the United States and other countries, and several witnesses have viewed and handled the bodies of the occupants of those extraterrestrial (ET) craft;
- A seminal research document titled "UFOs and Defense: What Should We Prepare For?" Published in 1999 by an independent group of former French generals, space scientists and other high officials concluded: “A single hypothesis sufficiently takes into account the facts and, for the most part, only calls for present-day science.
It is the hypothesis of extraterrestrial visitors. Advanced as of 1947 by certain U.S. military personnel, today it is popular worldwide. It is discredited by a certain elite but is plausible. Scientists (astronomers, physicists, engineers, futurologists, etc.) have elaborated on it enough for it to be received - as a hypothesis - by their peers."
- If the ET Hypothesis is valid, humankind faces the greatest scientific discovery in history - the existence of non-human, intelligent off-planet life forms with interstellar propulsion capabilities. Thus, this meeting of cosmic cultures will inevitably affect every segment of Civilization, including religion, politics, science, technology, health, agriculture, and the complete spectrum of human life will likely be challenged by confirmation of a larger reality.
- Contemplation of the effects of this reality on various Earth cultures and the probable and preferred responses from those cultures is a critical research/education project for the best minds willing to undertake the challenge. Needless to say, participation by the world's top journalists is an essential requirement for the successful investigation and resolution of the complex issues which are bound to arise with full disclosure of the extraterrestrial visitation.
- Since 1947, the UFO/ET phenomenon has been subject to a highly compartmentalized U.S. government cover-up that has been largely justified in terms of "national security", despite official pronouncements by the Air Force that UFOs have never posed a threat to U.S. military operations or the security of the nation.
This is a curious assertion considering repeated documentation of UFO incursions at nuclear power plants, nuclear weapons laboratories, nuclear weapons storage facilities, and nuclear weapons launch facilities. Clearly, the truth regarding these incursions is a prime topic for serious investigation and reporting by professional journalists.
- In response to citizen inquiries to the White House concerning extraterrestrial visitation, the Office of the President has stated: “The U.S. governments has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race.
In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public eye."
- This presidential statement is completely contrary to evidence offered by highly respected researchers and former U.S. officials, several of whom have offered to provide testimony under oath to the U.S. Congress. This conflict between "official Knowledge" and independent/citizen knowledge cries out for investigative reporting.
- Over the years, every top-level news organization in the United States has been frequently approached by UFO contactees and UFO researchers with events, information and evidence related to UFO/ET phenomena. With few exceptions, the major media news organizations have defaulted on that issue, including the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post and ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN news television.
Additionally, most major media organizations have treated anyone who has spoken or written about UFOs to be intellectually stunted and worthy of rejection and ridicule. Many journalists, like many academics have failed in their obligation to treat a very important issue fairly and objectively.
To remedy this gross violation of journalistic principles and ethics, responsible journalists need to:
1. Undertake serious efforts to raise public awareness concerning the many controversies surrounding UFO/ET issues, including the "truth embargo" which has seriously plagued the problem;
2. Fully utilize the U.S. Freedom of Information Act to seek release of secret documents related to the extraterrestrial presence;
3. Support the call for Congressional hearings on UFO/ET matters;
4. Press the White House for an additional search of military and intelligence agency files which are known to refute its' public statements concerning extraterrestrial visitation;
5. Ask the White House for an explanation as to why the public has been subjected to a fraudulent cover-up concerning UFO/ET matters;
6. Seek identification of the agencies, people and other countries involved in the cover-up;
7. Encourage other journalists in the U.S. and around the world to appropriately investigate and report on UFO/ET phenomena.
In sum, the UFO/ET issue is one of the most serious, perplexing problems confronting the human race. Therefore, it is imperative that the journalists of the world meet their professional obligation to regularly investigate and report the truth regarding the issue and related matters.
This Manifesto was compiled by Bill Wickersham, Adjunct Professor of Peace Studies, University of Missouri - Columbia email@example.com - (573) 817-1512
Brief comment about self: I have been interested in the UFO phenomenon for over 50 years. During my 15 years in Washington, D.C. I had an opportunity to interact with several individuals who were very close to the UFO/ET issue.