UFO Casebook headgraphic

(Go to text (non-flash) menu)

Web hosting

Ad rate graphix

Ancient Astronauts

Mystery Casebook

Casebook Forum

UFO Video


UFO Casebook on Youtube

Click for Archives


UFO Casebook Magazine Issue 564, Issue date, 06-03-13

Miss Richards Sees a Flying Saucer
UFO Depiction
Published: 2:22 PM 5/31/2013

Nick Redfern

Now and again people ask me why I bother using the Freedom of Information Act to obtain documentation on UFOs. “It’s all faked, and all the good stuff is held back,” are the reasons that have been given to me by those that believe studying documentation which has surfaced via FOIA is a waste of time.

Those people are, of course, talking rubbish.

I don’t deny, at all, that a body of data on UFOs (and perhaps a huge body of data) is indeed withheld for national security reasons, and which we may never get to see. But, that doesn’t mean what we have been allowed to see is of no consequence. Much of it most certainly is! Nor is “all the good stuff” withheld. And here’s a classic, little-known example…

The FBI has released into the public domain thousands of pages of official files on UFOs and related topics and people. The records in question can be found at its website, The Vault – which is an excellent resource for hundreds of files and thousands upon thousands of pages on all manner of subjects.

Regarding the FBI’s declassified UFO files, one of the most memorable Flying Saucer-based sightings that the Bureau played a role in occurred in April 1956. The case was made notable by the fact that one of the two witnesses was actually an employee of the FBI! She is only referred to in the documents as “Miss Richards.”

As the files reveal, on April 6, 1956, Miss Richards and her fiancé left Washington, D.C. by car with the intention of travelling to Morven, North Carolina, for a family celebration. At around 5.00 a.m. on the following morning, something truly eye-opening occurred, as the now-declassified documentation demonstrates clearly:

“…while driving on Route 1 north of Henderson, North Carolina; the pair was startled by what appeared to be a round low-flying object coming directly toward the car. The object appeared to pass over the car and Miss Richards turned to see it appear to speed up and then veer off out of sight. She and [her fiancé] both felt they had seen something unusual which was difficult to explain and certainly did not appear to be an optical illusion.”

In a debriefing with FBI agents, Miss Richards recalled that the object was definitely circular in shape, was spinning, and “was bright as though containing a series of lights in a zigzag pattern.”

The debriefing report continued: “The object appeared to be flying very low as it came toward them, moving at great speed and gave off no particular sound. The object, to the best of her belief, was at least as wide as the highway and appeared to be no more than two to four feet in thickness.”

It’s also interesting to note that Miss Richards is described in the files as being “one of our best employees [and] stated heretofore she had placed little credence in ‘flying saucer’ stories and felt that had she and her boyfriend not seen the same object she would be inclined to think she had imagined something.”

On April 10 and 13, the FBI prepared documentation on the case for the attention of U.S. Air Force investigators. In part, it states:

“[Miss Richards] advised she had seen the object for only a few seconds that it was still dark when she observed it, although it was near daylight on April 6, 1956. She stated when daylight came she observed the sky to be cloudy and it started raining approximately 30 minutes after she had observed the object.”

The report expands on what happened next: “She recalled the object approached their car on the driver’s side straight ahead at a height which she thought to be less than 25 feet. She was unable to estimate the speed of the object. She described it as being oval shaped, being very bright and having a light blue color. It made no sound that she could hear. She advised her fiancé would be able to state exactly where they had observed the object in North Carolina, inasmuch as he was familiar with that area.”

As an examination of the documentation shows, a recommendation was made that all the papers relative to the case be forwarded to the FBI’s Domestic Intelligence Division for possible liaison with “interested military agencies.” While the matter was indeed discussed with the Air Force’s Office of Special Investigations, nothing more of any great significance was uncovered and the matter was filed away as unexplained.

For those who (wrongly) claim the Freedom of Information Act has not brought forth anything meaningful on UFOs, this affair should be a lesson in learning. First, we have a case involving two witnesses, one described by none other than the FBI as being “one of our best employees.”

Second, the encounter was a very close one, with the UFO in question flying low over the car in which Miss Richards and her boyfriend were driving. That it was brightly lit with “a series of lights in a zigzag” pattern strongly suggests the UFO was a solid, intelligently-controlled device of some kind. And, third, the documentation makes it very clear that the matter was studied closely and seriously.

So, contrary to what I have heard time and again about FOIA and UFOs, and claims that the good material never sees the light of day, that’s actually far from the truth. Yes, there’s no doubt that we are lacking all the facts (and attendant files) on some significant UFO cases involving officialdom – such as the Roswell, New Mexico affair of 1947 and the Rendlesham Forest, England affair of 1980.

That does not, however, mean that everything of an extraordinary UFOs nature that has crossed the desks of government gets filed away forever. It doesn’t. If those who proclaim that FOIA is of no significance actually studied – deeply – all the many and varied documents that have surfaced via its regulations, they would see that it is indeed a very useful tool.

It has also provided us with a unique insight into fascinating UFO cases filled with government connections and highly credible witnesses. And that includes Miss Richards.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2013/missrichards.html

source & references:


graphic - www.ufocasebook.com

Aaron Blanton Makes His Mark at UFO Film Festival
UFO Depiction
Published: 3:31 PM 5/30/2013

Posted by Turner Maxwell

Two years ago, University Film Organization President Aaron Blanton decided to co-produce a short film over four months during the summer with a few friends. It wasn’t until the actors went back to Portland and the set had been taken down did he realize 75 percent of the 300 gigabytes of footage was corrupted and couldn’t be used.

“It was rough,” Blanton said. “It was not a good day.”

Some of the footage would cut out and turn into static halfway into the video, and for an hour and a half of the footage, the audio was completely gone.

The film, titled “The Makers,” was written and directed by former UFO President Brian Leonard. Blanton came on as a co-producer and director of photography.

“I felt a large part responsible for it, being the director of photography, it was probably me who made the error,” Blanton said. “The cast and crew figured the film was a lost cause and disbanded to do other things.”

Left with 300 gigabytes of footage, only a quarter of which he could actually watch, Blanton got in touch with the film’s planned editor T.J. Broadbent, who uses a professional editing program called Avid. Broadbent told Blanton he might be able to recover some of the footage.

“As it turns out, his computer could read most of it, and so suddenly we were down to 15 percent was gone instead of 75 percent,” Blanton said.

Together, they ended up spending a year putting the somewhat recovered footage together through emails and uploading YouTube videos of the latest edits.

“When I got the initial footage and I looked at what we did currently have, I was able to access pretty quickly this is not a project we can complete, I do not have enough footage to actually made the movie in the script,” Broadbent said.

Because they had to use film that had lost its audio and was completely silent, Broadbent and Blanton decided to use audio dialog replacement, which is basically lip-synching for the soundless footage.

After a year and a half since filming began, Blanton convinced the actors to come back and do a recording session. The actors were shocked to hear he was still working on the film.

Even though the director hasn’t seen a single cut of the final edit, Blanton contacted everyone to tell them the project was finally completed.

“Throughout my life I’m prone to start really big projects and finishing them has been my weak point and so this sort of became a personal proving to myself or turning a leaf type of thing so just the principle that we got it done is honestly more important to me than anything else,” Blanton said.

“The Makers” will premiere at the UFOs Spring Film Festival on Friday, May 31 at 6 p.m.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2013/aaronblanton.html

source & references:


graphic - www.ufocasebook.com

Large Rectangle/Alien Beings Spotted by Two Witnesses over Kansas
UFO Depiction
Published: 5:21 PM 5/28/2013

Kansas - Spring, 1975

One evening in the Spring of 1975, my girlfriend and I were driving through the Kansas countryside.

After crossing a cement bridge that spanned a river, we pulled into a farmer's access road and parked at the edge of a field alongside a bend in the river with the car pointing east.

Not long after we stopped we noticed a strange light that suddenly approached our location in a quick "blur."

Suddenly, hovering above the tress was a dark object, rectangular in shape with one red and one green running light positioned together on the lower part of the craft at its center.

We stared in amazement and couldn't take our eyes off the object. After 5 minutes or so, we noticed the craft's position had moved to the right.

It seemed to move in a very slow motion to the other side of the river. After another 5 minutes I decided to drive away from the area.

As we turned onto the county road and subsequently onto the cement bridge we saw that the craft had returned to its original position, above us and slightly back from the bridge.

I stopped again and got out to look at the craft. The object was about 20-25 ft. wide and now I noticed a large rectangular glass window, or what appeared to be glass, running across the middle third of its front.

Standing inside to the left side looking down on us were two beings, which I could see only from the waist up but could tell that theses beings were about 4 ft. tall, with abnormally large heads and large black eyes.

The eyes seemed devoid of emotion and their skin was pure white, like the moon, the texture resembling that of an albino salamander.

Their eyes ran almost north/south with their heads. The craft hovered silently the whole time. After about a minute of eye contact with the humanoids I got back into the car and rapidly drove away from the area.

We could still see the craft hovering where we had left it. My girlfriend and I eventually married and still live very near to the location where we witnessed this craft.

Sometimes, we both get an urge to return to the spot and just sit there and talk about our shared experience, kind of hoping these beings would stop by.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2013/kansasbeings1975.html

source & references:


graphic - www.ufocasebook.com

UFOs and the Melting Pictures
Melting Face
Published: 1:47 PM 5/31/2013

Written by Grant Cameron

Most UFO researchers have heard of camera problems around UFO and crop circles. The general complain is that power is drained from the batteries of the camera leaving the camera unusable.

Rarely if ever is the camera ever affected. There is just light entering the lens after all, so what could possibly go wrong?

That might be the rule in the materialistic world view paradigm where everything is just a machine of one sort or another. In the world of the non-local paranormal the rules seem to be a bit different. This is especially true if you are Chris Bledsoe who has lived in a bizarre world of paranormal events since 2007.

I first became aware of Chris’s camera story when I visited him in May 2013 just outside of Fayetteville, North Carolina. It wasn't until a woman in California complained of the same problem, however, that I realized the possible importance of what had happened to Chris.

On May 7 Ellen Harris, a member of the Santee Historical Society was photographing an historic building known as the Edgemoor Barn when she suddenly realized that she had taken a picture of something to the left of the barn. When she downloaded the picture to her computer she discovered what was clearly a picture of a classic flying saucer.

More important to this story - for some unknown reason Ellen's camera suddenly stopped working.

Now back to Chris Bledose. He is a man who has a rough go of it since 2007 when he and four others encountered a series of UFOs and small aliens with red eyes while fishing at the Cape Fear River on cool January evening. The events of that night changed the lives of the five men forever.

Melting Face In a regression done with Chris in 2008, he recounted how he had seen three UFOs after wandering away from the other four fishermen and was abducted by one of the three objects. The encounter inside the ship was with aliens standing around him showing him things. Then it had some very strange aspects which have yet to be resolved.

What has occurred since the 2007 event can only be described as possibly the most bizarre paranormal UFO series of events on record. There have been numerous sightings of UFOs and aliens, UFO circles in the yard, black helicopters, shadow people, accurate precognitions, messages, medical healings, totally unexplainable burning trees, bleeding dogs, and a camera that broke when Chris tried to photograph one of the many UFOs.

Chris described the UFO camera encounter this way;

“I had just purchased a new digital camera not a cheap one but a 300.00 camera. Chris Jr. and a friend of his Zack Bond were going out for the evening it was cool out getting dark early evening. My TV room is in view of the back door of our home Chris and Zack started to the door looked over to me to tell me bye.

The boys went out the door and the door no longer shut it and they were back in shouting, ‘dad come quickly.’ I knew what it was by the way they were acting. I jumped up met them out back on the patio and looking up not high at all this beautiful Golden Object as gold as what is in Fort Knox was hovering less than a quarter mile away it was maybe 200 feet in the air. This object was so golden and brilliant there was rays shooting out all around it.

I ran inside grabbed my new camera hurried back out the door pushed the shutter button and the camera said Memory Card Error. The card still says Memory Card Error and the camera with a new memory card takes pictures but everything is melted. It had ruined my new camera.”

I asked Chris to send me some of the melted face pictures and on May 26, 2013 he did. The pictures speak for themselves.

See the UFO Casebook case file, .

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2013/meltingpictures.html

source & references:


Archived Case of the Week

The Fayetteville, North Carolina Encounter, January 8, 2007
Depiction, Fayetteville, NC Encounter
(Editor's Note-Update-On 12-27-08, Chris Bledsoe Sr. contacted me, and pointed out some factual errors in our original article. Also, he gave me additional information which was not included in the television program which addressed the incident.

He also sent me a drawing of the 7' alien entity which he recalled during his regression.

He told me that before the incident, he couldn't even draw a stick figure. You can see from the drawing that this is not the case anymore. A big thanks to Mr. Bledsoe for the invaluable information for this intriguing UFO encounter.)

An Introduction

There have been many UFO cases addressed on various television documentaries throughout the years. Many of these are forgettable, many are biased, and then there are a few that present the facts as they are.

One of the latter was presented by the MUFON organization in October, 2008. The special was carried by the Discovery Channel. Titled "UFOs over Earth," the hour long show addressed an extremely compelling case of UFO sightings, an alien encounter, and possible alien abduction.

On January 8, 2007, this baffling case began in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on the banks of the Cape Fear River.

The main witness in this case is one Chris Bledsoe Sr. Bledsoe, a successful builder and commercial pilot, was well liked and respected in his community. On the day of the strange events, he was fishing with four other men, Donny Ackerman, Gene Robinson, David McDonald. and Chris Bledsoe Jr. The relationship between Bledsoe and the other three men was not addressed fully on the TV program, but Mr. Bledsoe informed me that Ackerman, Robinson, and McDonald worked for him as framing subcontractors, and had just finished a large beach home and gotten paid the day of the encounter.

They invited Chris Sr. and Jr. to go fishing with them. Bledsoe Sr. said, "Why not?" as his wife and three other children were out of town that day. They all rode to the fishing spot in Bledsoe's four door pickup truck because it was a four-wheel drive, and could maneuver in the muddy banks of the river.

Bledsoe took a walk away from the fishing spot, and spotted three UFOs. He returned to the fishing spot, and pointed out the objects to the other three men. They were frightened by the UFOs, and quickly left the river, seeing the objects again. After Bledsoe arrived home, and went out into his backyard to find out why his dogs were barking. He followed them into the woods, and saw an alien being.

After the basic details of Bledsoe's encounter were taken by MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) investigators, the UFO group was anxious to gather testimony from Bledsoe's fishing buddies, but they had trouble locating the three for a time.

This, by no means, lessens the validity of their eyewitness accounts. Rating the authenticity of a UFO sighting as to the social status of a witness was employed by Project Blue Book in the 1960s, and was eventually found to be faulty. There is no evidence at this time to suggest that they made up their stories, or conspired to create a hoax. If they did, they did a remarkable job. All of the accounts given by the three regarding the sighting of the three unknown flying objects were almost identical.

Case Overview

The basic overview of the case is as follows:

As the four men were fishing, Bledsoe decided to walk about 75 yards to the tree line. While he stood looking into the sky, he was surprised to see in the distance, two orange lights. As he wondered at the two lights, soon a third zoomed into place on the left of the other two, in the "blink of an eye."

Bledsoe would later remark that the objects had rapidly flown to their original position, and then stopped dead, as if they had met a cushion of air. Excited and apprehensive about what he had seen, he hurried back to the river bank to tell his three fishing partners. He thought, at the time, that he had been gone about 20 minutes. This assumption would later be found to be faulty.

When Bledsoe pointed out the three orange lights to the other three, they turned their attention to the sky. As they watched the lights, they felt that they were "being invaded." They saw all three objects slowly descended to the ground, appearing to land approximately 100-150 yards on the opposite side of the river. At least two of the men had seen flares before, and stated that there was no way that the objects were flares. They watched the lights hover in virtually one place for up to ten minutes.

They were mesmerized and frightened by what they saw. The scared men dropped their fishing gear, ran to the truck, and sped away. Several of the fishermen saw the lights again as they left the river.

They also witnessed a "large, glowing object" over a bank of trees. This object was duplicated with computer graphics by McHush, a visual arts expert. It appeared to be oblong, with spikes coming from it.

A significant difference in the initial testimony given by the four men was the amount of time that it took Bledsoe to walk down the road apiece, and return to the fishing spot on the banks of Cape Fear. Bledsoe left when it was still light, but when he returned, it was totally dark. After Bledsoe had been gone long enough that the other three became worried about him, two of them jumped in the truck, and drove down the road where Bledsoe had walked, but found no sign of him. When he finally reappeared, they estimated that he had been gone 3 or 4 hours.

Bledsoe told me that when he had been gone for a time, Junior went to look for him. Bledsoe Sr. describes the events in his own words:

He walked from the fishing spot looking for me. When the other guys drove up the road, he was gone for two hours hiding in the woods. When I got back 4 hours later, the three other guys were at the fishing spot on the river and I asked, "Where is Junior?" and they told me that he had left 2 hours earlier on foot looking for me.

I told the other guys what I had seen, and they began to tell me that they had been looking for me. I didn't talk much at that time because Junior was not there, and I wanted to find him.

I walked about 75 yards south to the tree line. Keep in mind, this was away from the only road that came into the river. I was calling for him, and there was no answer. When I stepped into the woods about ten feet calling him, he stood up from under some low bushes he had been hiding in.

He grabbed me crying... A 17 year old, 6'3" tall, big boy. He asked me:

"Dad, where have you been?"

"I have been hiding here for a long time. There were 2 creatures walking around looking at me. I could not move when they looked at me. I was so scared... they were picking up bottles and other trash on the ground all the time staying within 20 feet of me watching me."

All this he told me before I told him of the orange orbs and when I got him back the 75 yards to the fishing spot. It was then the heavens looked like the stars were moving around, and three of them came down over our heads and landed just on the other side of the river.

What was told on tape to MUFON was that two of the other guys reported seeing the same creature, but they only saw the red eyes walking within the wood line in the direction my son went.

When the five of us left in my truck, two of the guys in the back seat saw something. They reported to MUFON that as we were speeding away from the river, they saw a glowing creature running on all fours, chasing the truck.

Still unsettled by what he had seen, Bledsoe arrived home. After a time, he heard his dogs barking in the backyard, obviously upset by something.

"My dogs went nuts!" Bledsoe remarked.

Depiction, Fayetteville, NC Encounter The Entity in the Woods

One of his dogs, a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, sped into the forest, with the others following. Bledsoe was right on their trail. After tramping through the woods in search of his dogs for a time, he came upon a sight that was beyond belief. Right before him stood a creature!

Bledsoe was frozen in his tracks. The being appeared to be the size of a child, and was only 3-4 ft from him.

Bledsoe stated that, had he leaned over, he could have touched it with his hand. The being was only about 3 feet tall, as indicated from his description, and its appearance was "like it had been dipped in glass." The being had red eyes.

As he stared at the being, Bledsoe felt a sense of "Here I am, if you want me." He told MUFON investigators that the being was like "a child... a little person." In a moment, the other dogs arrived upon the scene, and the being was nowhere to be seen. Bledsoe said that his Chesapeake's hair stood up from the back of his neck to the rear end.

Bledsoe's Son

The MUFON investigators, International Director James Carrion, along with Rich Lang, Steve McGee, Norman Gagnon, and Tim McHush, were very impressed with Bledsoe's account of what he had seen that night. They felt that he was being honest with them, even though his story seemed bizarre. Wanting to corroborate his story, they turned next to his son, Chris Bledsoe Jr.

Jr. stated that while he was in the backyard of the Bledsoe house, he saw "two red orbs" floating through the woods. He claimed that soon he saw a number of the small beings emerge from the woods near the house.

There was a concern by investigators as to how much of what Jr. said was true, and if his devotion to his father had caused him to create his story to validate Sr.'s story. MUFON would now find Ackerman, Robinson, and McDonald, and take their testimony.

The Three Fishermen

Depiction, Fayetteville, NC EncounterThe Three Fishermen

The three fishermen related their stories to investigators, indicating that Bledsoe Sr. had indeed left them, walking down the road for a short distance, had been gone 3 or 4 hours, and returned, excitedly pointing out the three orange objects in the sky. They indicated that two of them had driven down the same road Sr. had walked down, saw him nowhere, and returned to their fishing spot.

They each described their sighting of the lights in a very similar fashion, and ruled out the possibility that the objects could have been any kind of conventional object, including flares. They also described their sighting of the strange, oblong shaped object. They all indicated that at the time of the sighting, there was a total silence in the area.

The MUFON team was very impressed with Bledsoe Sr. and the fishing companions' testimony, and felt that the next step in their pursuit of the truth should be to have Bledsoe Sr. undergo regressive hypnosis, which often times can unlock hidden memories. The session took place on July 14, 2008. The regression was led by Dr. Michael O'Connell, a Harvard graduate, and veteran of some 250 regressions. MUFON taped the session.

Bledsoe's Psychological Condition

It is important to note that during his visits with MUFON, Bledsoe Sr. had, on a number of occasions, admitted that he had trouble believing what he had seen himself. Facts that he could not recall had caused him confusion, and extremely bad headaches. He attempted to remember more of his encounter, but was unable to accomplish this by himself. This may have had an effect on a subsequent polygraph examination. He wanted to unlock these lost memories, and was a willing participant of any and all techniques that might be beneficial to this end.

At one point during the program, Bledsoe's wife of many years, and mother of their four children, Yvonne, discussed what the ordeal had done to their family life. Family members had rejected Bledsoe's story initially, thinking it too fantastic to be true. For this very reason, Bledsoe did not reveal details of his encounter to others for quite some time, fearing ridicule. But, in time, he felt that unless he recovered the missing elements of the event, he would lose his mind.

A great strain had been put on the Bledsoe marriage, but his wife was sure that they would come through it as a family, and the years they had been together would not be lost.

Depiction, Fayetteville, NC EncounterThe Regressive Hypnosis

During the regression, Bledsoe uncovered a number of pertinent and important facts. He described being taken against his will by four, tall, skinny aliens, at least 7 feet tall. He remembered being in a dark, round room, in which he could see various lights and controls.

When asked why he was chosen by the aliens, he stated that they were his "guardian angels," and came to him when he was sad. The small alien beings seen by Bledsoe and his son were children of the taller beings. Bledsoe added that the children were playing in the woods.

He also revealed that the aliens had been in his house. During his ordeal, he kept telling his captors he wanted only to go home. MUFON investigators were very pleased with the results of the regression, and felt that they were involved in a case for the ages. Before accepting the case as 100% authentic, however, they wanted to make sure that Bledsoe did not have any psychological problems. To this end, they employed the services of Debbie Gioia, a Psychiatric Social Worker.

After interviewing Bledsoe and administering a number of psychological tests, Gioia was convinced that Bledsoe was sound of mind, and had no psychological problems that would have caused him to make up his story, or perpetuate a hoax. The MUFON team was relieved, although they were already convinced that Bledsoe was telling them the truth. Gioia's findings only confirmed their beliefs.

The Guardian by Chris Bledsoe Sr.

The Polygraph Examination

Could this case become a classic alien encounter and abduction? All of the evidence to this point indicated yes. However, there was one more hurdle for Bledsoe Sr. to jump over: the polygraph examination. This should be a no brainer, but to complete the puzzle, Bledsoe was given a polygraph by retired FBI analyst, Bob DrDak.

The questions that were asked were simple ones, all relating to parts of the case already covered. The MUFON team was very confident that Bledsoe would come through the test with flying colors. This was not to be.

According to DrDak, Bledsoe showed deception on some of his answers. In doing research on polygraphs and their operators, I came across some very interesting details that might shed some light on the use, and credibility of the tests.

Because it is considered a controversial procedure, polygraph test results cannot be used in court cases, unless both parties agree to its admission. There are many different views concerning polygraph results, both pro and con. There have even been cases where a failed lie-detector test led to the conviction and imprisonment of a murder suspect, only to have the suspect subsequently found to be innocent, and released. It is mainly the use of the polygraph to convict innocent individuals that cause many people to put little, if any, trust in the polygraph examination.

The MUFON team was certainly concerned with the results of Bledsoe's results. They decided to go to him, and tell him point blank that the tests implied that he was being deceptive on some of his answers. Bledsoe took the assertions calmly, and stated that irregardless of what the machine said, he had told the investigators the truth. Bledsoe's earlier concerns about believing his own eyes could have caused him undo nervousness during the test, and account for his failures.

I discussed this very problem with a well read UFO Casebook reader, and I would like to include his thoughts on the failed polygraph:

I found the hypnosis vs. polygraph results puzzling too. But I am struck by how often I have read about "family" sightings where there is a reluctance to acknowledge what happened that seems to go beyond embarrassment or fear of ridicule, into an induced "wall" of anxiety and pain preventing the subject from being discussed.

I recall reading about children who grow up and suddenly remember an event that involved the whole family, and while their parents tacitly confirm it, they refuse adamantly to discuss it, almost as if they feel severe emotional distress when they attempt to.

Surely this suggests that sometimes human witnesses (or better - victims?) are psychologically manipulated by UFOs to inhibit them from recounting the incident, at least in a credible, coherent fashion. And couldn't that inhibition conceivably manifest itself as untruthfulness to a polygraph operator who is looking to make a simple truth/lie call?

I recall the Fayetteville witness saying on several occasions that he sometimes doubted the truth of what he was saying himself. He seemed deeply conflicted. It would be easy to assume this was because he had fabricated the whole thing, but then how to explain the other three witnesses?

Ray Van Dune

Lingering Questions

In 1975, one of the most celebrated UFO abductions cases took place. It became the subject of the move, "Fire in the Sky," with actor D. B. Sweeny portraying the role of Travis Walton. Walton's story tells us that when he was subjected to his first polygraph, he failed. Yet, since that time, Walton has passed many other polygraphs. It was assumed that Walton's test was given too soon, when he was still unsure of what had happened, and was still coming to terms with his abduction. This could also be the case for Bledsoe.

If the Bledsoe encounter is deemed a hoax, several important questions must be answered. Why did Bledsoe make up his story? Did he want to gain notoriety? Being a humble, low key individual, the answer would be no. Did he think he could make money from his story? Possibly, but it appeared that he was well set financially. And if we assume that his testimony was false, what about the testimony of his son?

It could be possible that Bledsoe Jr. made up his story so that his father would not be seem to be a prankster, but if this is true, what about Bledsoe's three fishing buddies, Ackerman, Robinson, and McDonald? Could they have been part of a conspiracy? Possibly, but why? They made no money from their testimony, unless Bledsoe paid them, and if so, why? The fact that the MUFON team had trouble finding them would seem to make a conspiracy highly doubtful. If they were involved in a hoax, they would have been readily available to give testimony.

If all of the five men involved made up this fantastic story, what about the regressive hypnosis? Although the process is considered less than accurate by some researchers, is it possible that a person could fake his way through it? Could Dr. O'Connell, a veteran of some 250 such regressions be fooled that easily? The MUFON team certainly trusted O'Connell, but they also believed Bledsoe.

If the story is a lie, how did Bledsoe get through the psychological testing? Can one fake their way through the tests also? Very unlikely. The team of investigators that earnestly looked at the case wanted so much to believe in Bledsoe, and from all indications, it seems they did. There is no way to know for certain if the case is authentic, and we are left with questions, mainly about the polygraph results. It would seem to me that a second polygraph should be given to Bledsoe after a period of emotional and psychological healing.

Considering all of the facts of the case, it seems very likely that after Bledsoe comes to terms with what happened to him, he would pass a second, or even third polygraph, like Travis Walton did. If we could reach that point, we would know for certain that something "not of this world" happened on January 7, 2008 in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Credits & Acknowledgements

written by B J Booth

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/fayettevillenc.html

source & references:

Chris Bledsoe Sr.


Discovery Channel-"UFOs over Earth"

Additional Comments by Ray Van Dune


Archived UFO Articles and News Items

UFO Casebook Home Page