UFO Casebook Magazine


UFO Casebook Forum

toolbar powered by Conduit

UFO Magazine Issue 374, Issue date, 08-31-09

Custom Search

Share This Page with a Friend

RN & Secret Service Employee Report Three UFOs over Virginia
Published: 4:20 PM 8/24/2009

Virginia - 08-23-09

My partner and I were working in the yard at 3:30 pm yesterday afternoon. It was sunny with a few clouds, a pleasant day. We were putting mulch out in the front of the house. We talked of how low the planes were coming in to Dulles from the southwest to the northeast direction.

Soon after a 767 rumbled overhead, I noticed 3 black triangular-shaped objects that initially I thought were birds. I mentioned to my partner that the objects were flying too fast for birds, and we noticed that when the objects went in front of a cloud, no flapping of wings were noted.

The 3 objects seemed to be circling around each other, but at the same time, were ascending. Very suddenly, one of the craft simply zipped quickly across the sky, from east to west, very quickly. I was able to follow the object with the naked eye, but it was very quick--and not a bird.

The other two dark, metal-looking objects seemed to still be circling around each other, like a dance. It was almost like they seemed to be enjoying circling around each other, dancing around the sky.

The two then followed the same direction as the first, and all turned southward and left our line of sight. I've been a Registered Nurse for many years and my partner is career Secret Service. We neither one could explain this strange sighting, especially in the flight line of a major airport.

We both mentioned that they were truly unidentified but not sure if they are ours... or not? The G forces with the maneuvers alone would be unbelievable with the way the aircraft maneuvered. It was truly awesome for both of us to see.

Again, triangular shaped, somewhat 'chevron' looking, dark metal approximately one to two thousand feet in elevation, and looked about the size of a mid sized sedan... it's difficult to explain this any other way.

I've never reported a sighting because I've really never had one before. Both of us are very objective in our professional and personal lives, but had no explanation for this.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009c/virginia082309.html

source & references:

Submitted through www.mufon.com

Secret UFO Reports

File Release Confirms North Devon Police Reported UFO
Published: 10:49 AM 8/27/2009

POLICE officers in North Devon saw a UFO which led to military fears about national defence, documents just disclosed by the National Archives reveal.

The archives contain a report supplied to the Ministry of Defence by the Devon UFO Research Organisation (Duforo), which details reports of UFOs in the skies over the West County and Wales in the early hours of a spring morning 16 years ago.

Duforo collated information from a variety of sources, including the police, the MoD, and UFO enthusiasts. The report states that Duforo received a phone call from a police sergeant in Bodmin at 2.20am on March 31, 1993, saying that an hour earlier, while driving towards Dobwalls on the A38, he had seen two very bright objects about 2,000 feet in the air.

The report goes on: "Knowing the night sky fairly well he immediately realised that they were not stars and did not conform to any known aircraft or their navigation lights.

"At this point he stopped his patrol car and got out. He watched the objects for a few seconds and was amazed to see them suddenly start to ascend at a fairly fast rate of knots."

He said the lights then moved in an arc over him and disappeared, leaving vapour-like trails. The sergeant said several other officers had made similar reports to the police control room in Exeter. Duforo was then put in touch with a sergeant and police constable who had been on duty near Lynton on the same morning.

The report states: "They noticed two very bright lights approaching from the north across the Bristol Channel. Stopping their patrol car they watched as the lights drew nearer to them."

They also noticed a smaller third light between the other two lights. The sergeant got the impression the three lights were attached to one large object, which he could not make out.

Both officers saw two vapour-like trails, although they were more like "beams of light".

It later emerged, the report claims, that the night before there had been other weird sightings, including in North Devon.

The mystery appeared to have been solved when it was revealed that a Russian rocket, that had put a radio satellite called Cosmos 2238 into orbit, had been re-entering the Earth's atmosphere at around that time. But, as the MoD conceded, the majority of the sightings did not tally with the timing of the rocket.

Strange unexplained lights, apparently attached to an aircraft, were seen by at least 70 people and many of the statements were from police officers and military personnel.

Some reports spoke of a large object moving at slow speed making a humming sound. Nothing unusual was found on radar recordings. There was talk in Parliament and the press at the time of the US Government testing an experimental aircraft called Aurora in the UK.

The British Government denied this was happening.

But the archives just released contain a restricted MoD minute from April 21, 1993, which states that the sightings seen on March 31 were "highly unusual" because there was no obvious explanation for the large number of similar and reliable accounts.

The MoD minute concludes: "In summary, there would seem to be considerable evidence that a UFO of unknown origin has been operating over the UK.

"Given recent speculation about Aurora by both media and MPs, I am not sure that this is something we should necessarily let lie, although equally there would seem to be little else we can do."

Another minute states that the UFO was of "considerable defence significance".

The names of those who saw the UFOs have been blacked out of the documents.

The Journal would like to hear from the police officers who saw this UFO. You can phone 01271 347430 or e-mail awilshaw@c-dm.co.uk

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009c/northdevonpolice.html

source & references:


British UFO Files Leave Some Looking Skyward
A pair of UFOs or just swamp gas? The Galets, structures built for Expo 02 on Lake Neuchstel, cut an otherworldly image when lit at night (Keystone)
Published: 5:05 AM 8/24/2009

Tim Neville, swissinfo.ch

The release in Britain of thousands of pages of documents on alleged UFO sightings has caused some in Switzerland to ask what happens with similar information here.

While the military used to record unexplained sightings, it says it no longer does so, and what files exist are largely open to the public.

The National Archives in Britain last Monday posted 14 files online covering reports of 800 supposed encounters with UFOs between 1993-1996, including the complete dossier on Britain's most famous brush with ET, the "Rendlesham Forest Incident".

The 4,000-plus pages of once-secret documents date back to 1981 and are the fourth time Britain's defence ministry has released UFO files since May under freedom of information requests. More files are due to be released throughout 2010.

"To the best of my knowledge there are no such files in Switzerland," Jürg Stüssi, an historian at the Swiss military library in Bern told swissinfo.ch.

"Of course, you can never be sure. There might be somebody in some abandoned airfield that has assembled a collection of documents. I don't know about that but I don't want to exclude what I cannot possibly know."

For decades now all the governments, the British, the Swiss, the Americans, they have always told us they have no documentation about UFOs. This is all garbage - Eric von Däniken, creator of Switzerland's Mystery Park Ants in the universe.

The contents of the newly released British files range from the whacky – talking lemon-like alien heads – to the creepy, with 70 police and military witnesses seeing a massive, silent ship cruising the South Wales sky early on a March morning in 1993.

The Rendlesham Forest Incident of December 1980 involved strange lights in the Suffolk forest and a pulsating object that left an impression in the ground and inconclusive radiation readings.

Most of the unusual events had rather unexciting explanations – weather balloons, satellites, military aircraft manoeuvers. But some could not be explained and that raises questions about who's watching us and who knows about it, says Eric von Däniken, creator of Switzerland's Mystery Park and author of 32 books about extraterrestrials in the ancient world.

"The universe is full of intelligent forms of life and we are just a tiny part of it, like ants," he told swissinfo.ch.

"For decades now all the governments, the British, the Swiss, the Americans, they have always told us they have no documentation about UFOs. This is all garbage. Now they're coming out with files that they did in fact collect.

"Switzerland, of course, also has UFO information."

Air Force report

That is true, in part, says Stüssi, adding that at one time officials had a specific form for recording such sightings, most of which could also be explained. Those files are stored in various archives and are open to the public.

But the military has not had anyone in charge of UFO reports since 1982, when the now-late Jean-Rodolphe Lécher, head of the Air Force Intelligence branch that handled the matter, retired. No one else took up the job.

"The defence ministry has no reason to believe in UFOs or to see a danger for our country behind this phenomenon," the Air Force said in a 2000 report.

That document was compiled by Felix Meier, an Air Force documentation officer, who released 25 pages in March 2000 that detailed suspicious flight activity over Switzerland between 1971-1988. Military documents are typically sealed for 20-30 years before being made public.

The reports, complete with blacked out names and scratchy penmanship, are now housed in the military library. They include descriptions of tear-drop shape crafts and light beams pulsing out of silvery flying objects. Some note a reddish-orange dome in a field near Lausanne or a spotted "boomerang" hovering over Geneva.

Phenomenal publicists

Many reports mention Payerne in western Switzerland, the site of a major Air Force base.

In 1971, a senior lieutenant on a nighttime military flight out of there broke through the clouds near Winterthur to be blinded by a bright light rapidly zooming away from him. It left a contrail that spread across the entire central plateau, covering 100km in seconds. Radar screens saw nothing.

"I was pleased that a Lufthansa crew had seen the same thing," the pilot told the SonntagsBlick newspaper in 1997. "At least people believed me."

Stussi says anyone is welcome to visit the library to see the files or to pick through the federal archives. Cantonal police most likely also have records of people spotting strange things in the sky, he says.

Whether such phenomenon really exist or have humdrum explanations, Stüssi says UFOs might say more about our fascination with mysteries than about what's prowling the universe.

"It is like the Loch Ness monster," he said. "It might exist or it might not. Same with UFOs. But what is certain is they both are absolute experts in publicity."

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009c/lookingskyward.html

source & references:


Pennsylvania: Large Rectangular-Shaped Object Seen Hovering
Published: 10:51 AM 8/25/2009

Pennsylvania - 08-25-09

I was attending at 6 AM exercise class at Black Rock Road Park in Collegeville, PA, (Montgomery county). I ended the class for myself at 6:30 AM, but the rest of the class continued until 7 AM. At 6:30 AM I went to my car and put on my shoes to walk on the walking path at the park.

As I was walking, I looked to the western sky (maybe southwestern) and saw a large object hovering in the air. I thought it was odd since it was not shaped like a hot air balloon. Instead of being tall vertically as a balloon, it was wide and thin in a horizontal direction.

I kept walking but lost sight of it. While walking I did see a plane pass overhead (right over the 422 highway), but that looked very different than what I saw. After I was done with my walk I got in my car, the clock read 6:49 AM, and left the park.

As I was leaving the park I saw the object again. It seemed to be in the same location as I originally saw it. That seemed odd to me, since I should have been able to see it in that position the entire time I was walking. It was again not moving.

I stopped and looked for under a minute since there was traffic. It looked long and rectangular. It seemed grey in color. It was still hovering in the same place that I thought I saw while walking. I also thought that I saw piers or tower type structure on it but wasn't certain.

It was a little too far away for me to see clearly. It seemed to be over the towns of Mont Clair, and Phoenixville. I turned right out of the park entrance, drove a few feet, turned left into an area that I could park to see if I could observe it again.

There were too many trees to see it from that position. I called my husband on my cell phone to tell him what was going on and I looked at the clock in my truck, it read 6:51 AM. I took route 113 home hoping to be able to see it again since there is less traffic on that road than my normal route home, but I didn't see it again.

I also noticed that, at the park, no one else seemed to see it. But, I was the was the only person on the walking path at the time. This whole experience made me feel really weird. I had a paper route for several years where I saw lots of odd things between 2 AM-7 AM, but I had never anything that I couldn't logically explain.

This didn't seem like any airplane, hot air balloon, or helicopter that I have ever seen. The most plausible explanation would be a balloon, but then why could I not consistently see it in the sky? I feel foolish submitting this but maybe someone else saw it as well.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009c/pa082509.html

source & references:

Submitted through www.mufon.com

'Dean' of UFO Studies Devoted Life to Seeking Others Beyond Earth
Richard H. Hall described himself as skeptical but open-minded. (Photo By John B. Carlson)
Published: 11:05 AM 8/23/2009

By Rick Rojas

Washington Post Staff Writer

Richard H. Hall was never abducted by aliens and never saw a UFO with his own eyes. Yet his life became a quest to delve into the unending, mysterious universe and find life beyond Earth.

"I am, in the legitimate sense, in the philosophical sense, a skeptic," Mr. Hall said in a 1997 CNN interview. "I think there is evidence of something. I am critical about it. I am open-minded, [and] I am trying to find out."

Mr. Hall, who was 78 when he died July 17 at his home in Brentwood of colon cancer, was "the last of a breed," said John B. Carlson, a University of Maryland astronomer. Carlson said that Mr. Hall's generation of UFO enthusiasts approached questions of the universe using the scientific method, not as believers in an intergalactic phantasm. "He was scientific, careful," he said. "He was a researcher."

Mr. Hall's pursuit began as a boy growing up near Hartford, Conn., with a simple mention by his mother that she had seen something strange in the night sky.

"Could there be something out there?" he asked himself at the time, according to his friend Susan Swiatek, who is Virginia director for the Mutual UFO Network. The Colorado-based group, of which Mr. Hall was once a board member, is an organization of UFO enthusiasts and ufologists -- those who study unidentified flying objects.

As a young man, Mr. Hall indeed thought there was something out there, and that prompted his lifelong investigation into who piloted UFOs and why they would come to Earth.

Mr. Hall became a leading figure in the field of ufology and wrote widely in the subject. He edited the book "The UFO Evidence" (1964) and a second volume in 2001. He also had a stint as a columnist for UFO Magazine and wrote essays for niche publications. And he was a proponent of what's known in ufology jargon as the "Extraterrestrial Hypothesis." He believed that UFOs, in fact, carried alien life-forms in spacecrafts that visited Earth.

Mr. Hall started his career as a student of extraterrestrial life at the beginning of the space race, when the American public was eyeing the heavens and wondering whether anyone else might share our universe. The study of UFOs was in its infancy when he came to Washington in 1958 to work for the new National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP), a privately funded organization that sought to persuade the Air Force to investigate UFO sightings.

Its director was Donald Keyhoe, a former Marine Corps aviator who wrote such books as "The Flying Saucers Are Real" and became an oft-quoted expert on extraterrestrials.

Mr. Hall wrote of learning about NICAP while studying mathematics at Tulane University in New Orleans. As a scholarship student, his duties included opening, sorting and delivering the mail. Keyhoe had written a letter to the university's "one-man astronomy department" asking for scientific support for the UFO organization. Mr. Hall, a fan of Keyhoe's book, said he immediately offered his services to NICAP after graduating.

Mr. Hall became an assistant to Keyhoe, but life as a ufologist wasn't lucrative. He left the organization in the late 1960s because of his impending marriage, which soon ended in divorce. He worked as an abstracter and editor for the Congressional Information Service in Bethesda, the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Columbia Telecommunications and the National Council on Aging.

Mr. Hall continued to write about UFOs and serve with many organizations that investigated UFO sightings and phenomena. The larger scientific community has often dismissed ufology because of a lack of empirical data to support the research. "There are tens of thousands of reports of UFO sightings, but all you need is one good one to prove it," said Seth Shostak, senior astronomer at the SETI Institute.

"The bottom line: Ninety percent can be explained as something prosaic," Shostak said. "Ten percent, you don't know what it was, and ufologists say that's the margin in which there are aliens. The fact that we don't know 10 percent is not evidence."

Carlson said his mentor, Mr. Hall, came to be regarded as the "dean of ufology." As a researcher, Mr. Hall looked for evidence to understand what kind of extraterrestrials existed and what their purpose was.

In later years, his reputation suffered a reversal among many younger UFO enthusiasts who wanted to believe the story lines of science fiction to be true, Carlson said.

According to Carlson, Mr. Hall eschewed this growing "ding-a-ling fringe . . . who approach this more as a belief system or a faith."

Those notions, in Mr. Hall's view, diminished the credibility of his writings and research. The younger generation came to regard the "Extraterrestrial Hypothesis" as an old school of thought. The younger factions dismissed his hypothesis as though he believed the world was flat.

Outside his studies of UFOs, Mr. Hall had a keen interest in female soldiers, particularly those who fought incognito during the Civil War, and wrote several books and papers about them.

But his greatest influence as a researcher came from dedicating his life to the search for the unknown.

"Ninety-seven percent of the nibbles a fisherman feels on his line may be caused by his line snagging on rocks or seaweed, or by wave motion," Mr. Hall wrote in a 1966 paper. "This doesn't prove there are no fish in the ocean."

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009c/richardhall.html

source & references:



1956, Navy Flight Encounters Gigantic UFO

UFO Depiction

It was early in 1959 when I learned of this hidden report - a startling encounter with a UFO. The lead came in a brief message from Admiral Delmar S. Fahrney, former Navy missile chief, whom I had known for years.

"Captain James Taylor, USN, Rte., has an important UFO sighting made by a naval pilot and his crew. Call him at Spacetronics, Inc., in Washington, District 7-9481."

That night, when Captain Taylor gave me this dramatic Navy report, I could see why it had never been released to the public. Later, Admiral Fahrney and I met at the Army-Navy Club and discussed the details. Fahrney knew, as well as I did, of other hidden UFO cases - some of them highly significant. But this one stood out in importance.

It had happened in 1956. Cruising at 19,000 feet, a Navy R7V-2 transport - a four-engine Super-Constellation - was flying west across the Atlantic Ocean. The next stop was Gander, Newfoundland. Final destination, Naval Air Station, Patuxent, Maryland.

The night was clear, visibility unlimited. In the senior pilot's seat, Commander George Benton was checking the dim-lit instruments. At thirty-four, Benton had a decade of Navy flying behind him.

He had made the Atlantic crossing more than two hundred times. Back in the cabin were two extra Navy air crews, en route home from foreign duty.

Most of these men were asleep. Including Benton's regular and relief crews, there were nearly 30 airmen-pilots, navigators and flight engineers aboard the Constellation.

As Commander Benton finished his cockpit check, he glanced out at the stars. Then he leaned forward, puzzled. A few minutes before, the sea below had been dark. Now there was a cluster of lights, like a village, about twenty-five miles ahead.

Benton looked over at his co-pilot, Lieutenant Peter W. Mooney. "What do you make of those lights?" Mooney peered down, startled.

"Looks like a small town!"

"That's what I thought." Benton quickly called the navigator, Lieutenant Alfred C. Erdman. "We must be way off course. There's land down there." "It can't be land." Erdman hurried forward from his map table. "That last star sight shows..." He broke off, staring down at the clustered lights. "Well?" said Benton. "They must be ships," said Erdman. "Maybe a rendezvous for some special operation."

Giant Flying Saucers

"They don't look like ships," said Benton. He called Radioman John Wiggins. No word of any unusual ship movements, Wiggins reported. And no signals from the location of the lights. If they were ships, they were keeping radio silence. "Wake up those other crews," Benton told Erdman.

"Maybe somebody can dope it out." In a few moments, two or three airmen crowded into the cockpit. Benton cut off the automatic pilot, banked to give them and the men in the cabin a better view.

As the transport began to circle, the strange lights abruptly dimmed. Then several colored rings appeared, began to spread out. One, Benton noticed, seemed to be growing in size.

Behind him, someone gave an exclamation. Benton took another look. That luminous ring wasn't on the surface - it was something rushing up toward the transport.

"What the devil is it?" said Mooney. "Don't know," muttered Benton. He rolled the Constellation out of its turn to start a full-power climb. Then he saw it was useless. The luminous ring could catch them in seconds.

The glow, he now saw, came from the rim of some large, round object. It reached their altitude, swiftly took shape as a giant disc-shaped machine.

Dwarfing the Constellation, it raced in toward them. "It's going to hit us!" said Erdman. Benton had known normal fear, but this was nightmare. Numbed, he waited for the crash.

Suddenly the giant disc tilted. Its speed sharply reduced, it angled on past the port wing. The commander let out his breath. He looked at Mooney's white face, saw the others' stunned expressions.

Watching out the port window, he cautiously started to bank. He stopped as he saw the disc.

It had swung around, was drawing abreast, pacing them at about one hundred yards. For a moment he had a clear glimpse of the monster.

Its sheer bulk was amazing; its diameter was three to four times the Constellation's wing span. At least thirty feet thick at the center, it was like a gigantic dish inverted on top of another.

Seen at this distance, the glow along the rim was blurred and uneven. Whether it was an electrical effect, a series of jet exhausts or lights from opening in the rim, Benton could not tell. But the glow was bright enough to show the disc's curving surface, giving a hint of dully reflecting metal.

Though Benton saw no signs of life, he had a feeling they were being observed. Fighting an impulse to dive away, he held to a straight course. Gradually, the strange machine pulled ahead.

Tilting its massive shape upward, it quickly accelerated and was lost against the stars.

Commander Benton reached for his microphone, called Gander Airport and identified himself. "You show any other traffic out here?" he asked the tower. "We had something on the scope near you," Gander told him. "But we couldn't get an answer."

"We saw it," Benton said grimly. "It was no aircraft." He gave the tower a concise report, and back at Gander teletype messages were rushed to the U.S. Air Defense Command, the Commanding Officer, Eastern Sea Frontier, the Director of Air Force Intelligence and the Air Technical Intelligence Center.

When the Constellation landed at Gander, Air Force intelligence officers met the transport. From the start, it was plain they accepted the giant disc sighting as fact.

For two hours, Benton and the rest were carefully interrogated[debriefed], separately and together: How close did the object come? What was its size... estimated rate of climb... any electrical interference noted... what happened to the other luminous rings?

From the answers to scores of questions, the majority opinion emerged. The flying disc was between 350 and 400 feet in diameter, and apparently metallic. No interference with ignition noted; instruments not observed and radio not operating during this brief period.

Time for the giant disc to climb to the transport's altitude, between five and eight seconds, indicated speed between 1,400 and 2,200 knots; the disc had accelerated above this speed on departure.

Not all the men in the cabin had seen the luminous rings. Of those who had, most were watching the huge disc approach and did not see the "rings" disappear. If they, too, were flying discs, in a rendezvous as some suggested, they apparently had raced off while the other one was checking on the Constellation.

At one point, an Intelligence captain asked Benton if he had seen any indication of life abroad the disc.

Intelligently Controlled

"No, but it was intelligently controlled, that's certain. Benton looked at him closely. "That size, it would hardly be remote-controlled, would it?" "I couldn't say," replied the Air Force man.

Nor would he tell what the Gander Airport radar had shown about the disc's speed and maneuvers. "What's behind all this?" demanded Mooney. "Up to now, I believed the Air Force. You people say there aren't any flying saucer..."

"Sorry, I can't answer any questions," said the captain. "Why not? After a scare like that, we've got a right to know what's going on." The Intelligence officer shook his head. "I can't answer any questions," he repeated.

As quickly as possible, intelligence reports with full details were flashed to the four Defense commanders already notified, with an extra message for the Director of Naval Intelligence.

After the Constellation reached Patuxent, the air crews were interviewed [debriefed] again, by Navy order. Each man made a written report, with his opinion of what he had seen.

Five days later, Commander Benton had a phone call from a scientist in a high government agency. "I'm informed you had a close-up UFO sighting. I'd like to see you."

Benton checked, found the man was cleared by the Navy. Next day, the scientist appeared, showed his credential, listened intently to Benton's report. Then he unlocked a dispatch case and took out some photographs.

"Was it like any of these?" At the third picture, Benton stopped him. "That's it!" He looked sharply at the scientist. "Somebody must know the answers, if you've got photographs of the things."

The other man took the pictures. "I'm sorry, Commander." He closed his dispatch case and left.

At the time when I (Donald Keyhoe) learned of this case, I had served for two years as Director of the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena.


Flying Saucer Review, Volume 49/2, Summer 2004, pp. 21-23

From the NICAP records, by Major Donald E. Keyhoe


(last update, 08-28-09)

Florida - Low Flying Object
08-24-09 - This report is being made by State Section Director, Barbard Delozier. Witness has asked to remain anonymous. Incident was reported to Delozier by witness, who is personally known by Delozier to be an upstanding citizen in the community and a very credible witness. Witness described occurrence as follows:

Witness walks through his quiet neighborhood every night before retiring. Sometimes, his wife walks with him. On Monday, August 24, 2009, he was by himself.

Witness was walking near Brake Park in the Highlandview section of Port Saint Joe, at approximately 10:30 PM. Out of the corner of his eye, he 'thought' he saw a low flying plane approaching him from the southeast. Witness looked in the direction the object was coming from at a very high rate of speed and realized that it was not a plane at all.

The object stopped abruptly about 75' away from him, and about 100' above the tops of the trees (150-200' in the air). Object stayed there long enough for witness to get a good description of it before it took off in what he described as a 'nano-second... just poof. It disappeared' in the same direction it was originally heading from southeast to northwest.

He said that object was much larger than an aspirin held at arm's length and was larger than a mini-van. Witness described the object to look 'like a mini-van without wheels' with three floor to ceiling windows. There were lights in the windows, the middle light/window being the brightest.

No sounds were heard, no beings were seen. He did not report lost time. No physical manifestations were visible on his face or arms, and he acknowledged that he did not see any bruises, blood spots, or injuries to his body after the incident. Witness also said that he was not bothered by loss of sleep or strange dreams, so far. source: www.mufon.com

Texas - Blue Beam on Highway
August, 2009 - This is a sighting my roomate had. I feel this matter should be addressed. On her way home tonight (she was on 75 most likely between the Mockingbird and Walnut Hill exits) she and her boyfriend saw what appeared to be a neon, blue beam about a mile ahead from their location.

I do realize there was a storm around that time, but it was not a lightning bolt. The way she described it and the genuine look of shock in her face and body language makes me believe that this was indeed some kind of UFO activity.

I don't know if anyone has e-mailed you about this yet, but I think this is one of those things that shouldn't be brushed off. Thanks to Stephanie - source: www.ufocasebook.com

Canada - Shiny Object Seen
08-26-09 - Ontario - While jogging, I crossed the the Mclean intersection heading west. I happened to look up quickly. I thought I saw something shining in the sky, so I took a second glance.

I stopped jogging to steady my vision. It seemed to be hovering from north to south. It was moving very slowly and did not make a sound, although it was at least 1000 feet up and maybe a mile away.

Usually even a plane will make that kind of noise, especially the small prop planes that leave our airport. The other thing that got me thinking that it wasn’t a plane was the fact that it did not appear to be landing or taking off. It was very bright and shiny.

I found it odd that when I took my sunglasses off I could hardly see it. It had more of a brightness with my sunglasses on. It was cigar-shaped, but oval at the same time. It did not change shape, it was just in between. I looked down to my cell phone to activate the camera in it.

As soon as I went to point it to take the picture, the object disappeared. Immediately after this I knew it wasn’t a conventional aircraft. It was something else. I scanned the whole sky immediately after, and it was nowhere to be seen. source: www.mufon.com

United Kingdom - Mysterious Lights
Watlington - A UFO is said to have been spotted over Watlington. The sighting on Saturday night comes after mysterious bright orange lights were seen on four nights in as many weeks.

The eyewitness said: “We thought it could be the new craze for burning birthday lanterns but the flight of the object was straight, not upwards, and at some speed.” The first sighting was made on July 25 by Toby Fletcher in Henley. He said: “The light was very fast moving and silent, moving at speed from the north-west towards Henley, then flew off to the north.”

Several people made a sighting over the Three Horseshoes pub in Benson on August 8 with one describing the object as “almost fire-like”. Eyewitness accounts are recorded at www.uk-ufo.co.uk - source: http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=641824

THE UFO CASEBOOK Domain is owned and operated by Casebook Productions.

Legal: The names, UFO Casebook, UFO Casebook Productions, and the UFO Casebook logo are registered with the proper agencies of the United States patent, and copyright offices. Any use of these names or logo without the expressed written consent of owner B J Booth is prohibited by American and International law.

Editor B. J. Booth is a member of MUFON.