UFO Casebook headgraphic

(Go to text (non-flash) menu)

Web hosting

Ad rate graphix

Ancient Astronauts

Mystery Casebook

Casebook Forum

UFO Video


UFO Casebook on Youtube

Click for Archives


UFO Casebook Magazine Issue 528, Issue date, 09-24-12

To Kill a Mocking Alien
UFO Depiction
Published: 9:18 AM 9/20/2012

Margarita Troitsina, Pravda.Ru

On September 12, a tragic story happened in Kolchugino, Russia. A resident of the city came to his neighbors with the news that his mother was killed by an alien. According to the man, he was trying to protect his mother and killed the alien. In fact, even the law enforcement agencies are skeptical that the alleged killer's story is a complete fiction.

The corpse of the alien, who allegedly was in the apartment where the crime has happened, has not been found. The body of the murdered woman had at least 15 stab wounds, and large wounds on her head, allegedly inflicted by glass bottles.

The son of the murdered woman was immediately taken into custody. According to the neighbors, the mother and her son often drank together, so that there is little doubt that the murder was committed under the influence of alcohol. But the story is not that simple.

"It is too early to say that the man came up with an alien to justify the killing of his mother," said the spokeswoman for the Investigative Committee, Irina Minina. "But such cases are unique. Rarely killers can come up with such excuses for their actions."

Of course, it is hard to believe. But it is possible that the son who killed his mother really hallucinated an "alien."

Ufologist Gennady Shein believes that "representatives of extraterrestrial intelligence" still could be present.

"Generally, the killings of people by UFO are very rare," he said. "Mostly these are attacks on planes or ships. But the fact that in the presence of the UFO people become aggressive is a given. Often UFOs are sited in places of bloody conflicts.

However, hallucinations related to aliens are not uncommon. For example, one Saturday night in 2003 a resident of Yukhnov (Kaluga region) called his 16-year-old son and said that the roof of the house next door had a UFO on it, emitting colored rays.

He argued that he could even see humanoids walking down one of the beams, as if down the ladder. The father feared that aliens would abduct his family.

When in the building, the man's son immediately felt a strong smell of gas. It turned out the mother of the teenager left a boiling kettle on the stove. The water flooded the burner, the fire went out, and gas began to surface. As a result, of all the family members who were at home at the time began hallucinating.

Once, Anatoly, a truck driver from Chita, went to work and disappeared. Two months later he rang the bell of his door. His wife opened the door and saw Anatoly, alive and well.

He said that his truck, driven by his teammate Nikolai (Anatoly was sleeping), was pursued by a flying saucer. It moved silently over the truck, and its bottom was clearly seen in the sun, lined with white zigzag circles with a diamond hole in the center.

UFO got ahead of the truck and was hanging over the road. Scared, Nikolai stopped the car, and then, as if in obedience to someone else's orders, jumped out of the truck. At that point a bright beam of light hit through the hole in the bottom.

The man was blinded by the flash and for a while lost his bearings. When his vision was restored he rushed to wake Anatoly.

After an hour of driving, the drivers got worried: according to their calculations, they should have already reached the point of destination. There were no oncoming vehicles on the road, though the track was usually busy. The sun for some reason was still up at 7 pm, and in the winter it gets dark early.

Nikolai suggested that these oddities were related to UFOs. As soon as he mentioned it, the saucer reappeared. It flew low over the highway at high speed. Nikolai, who at that time was at the wheel, barely had time to slow down. The UFO abruptly jerked up and out of sight.

Immediately it was dark around. Turning on the headlights, Nikolai and Anatoly soon left the valley and saw the lights of a village in front of them.

At their destination point they were asked where they were lost for more than two months...

The men began talking about the "saucer" and driving around the "vicious" circle, but they were only laughed at. Not long after that Nikolai died of an unknown illness. Before his death, his skin was peeling off and his hair fell out in bunches.

According to Anatoly, his partner was subjected to radiation when UFO flash blinded him.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2012/mockingalien.html

source & references:


1979 - Submerged Craft (USO) Witnessed on Columbia River
UFO Depiction
Published: 9:22 AM 9/20/2012

Camas, Washington - May, 1979

In 1979 I was a security guard working at the Crown Zellerbach paper mill in Camas, Washington.

I was on top a ten story distillation tower with a beautiful unobstructed view of the Columbia River about a mile and a half or two miles away.

As I watched the boats on the river, they began to turn on their navigation lights. I just happened to look in a southeasterly direction as I noticed a small sailboat turn on his navigation lights.

A moment after this boat's lights came on, I saw a huge green light just suddenly materialize, like from a spark to a 30 foot sphere.

I estimate the size based on the sailboat the light was near. The boat as I remember was about a 34 to 40 foot single mast boat and the light was within 50 feet of the boat.

The light appeared to be just under the surface of the water, maybe 5 to 10 feet. The light appeared for less than a second and then suddenly moved down the river from east to west.

It traveled between three and five miles in about two seconds or less and disappeared around the bend in the river. It happened so quickly it was astonishing.

When my shift ended, all the plant guards were loaded on a bus and driven back to our cars. I may not even have believed this happened and thought my eyes deceived me somehow except another young man on the bus said, "Hey, did any of you guys see that light on the river?"

I was the only one who spoke up. He described the same thing with no further details. We could not determine what the light was, but we agreed the light must have been going several hundred miles an hour UNDER the WATER!

It happened so quickly that there was no time for any emotion other than astonishment and disbelief. You just never see anything like that, almost like it was surreal.

Ken Pfeifer World UFO Photos

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2012/camaswauso.html

source & references:

Submitted to UFO Casebook


Daylight Video of Unknown Object over Corvallis, Oregon
UFO Image
Published: 10:16 AM 9/22/2012

Corvallis, Oregon - 2012

Originally published on Sep 20, 2012 by RealUFOtv

(Editor's Note: Almost no information is given by the submitter. We do know the video was shot over Corvallis, Oregon, this year.

We can also see that the location was in a neighborhood with an auction barn, where the elongated, metallic-looking object seems to hover in the sky, with little or no movement.

It may be possible that this is a blimp, but it is impossible to tell. We have stabilized the video, and created a close-up of the object.

See what you think.)

UFO Casebook Splash

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2012/corvallisoregon.html

source & references:


Luminous Object Seen from Canadian Ocean Ferry
UFO Depiction
Published: 3:51 PM 9/21/2012

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada - 09-18-12

I was on upper deck of a Ferry heading to Nanaimo. After about half hour I headed to car deck 4 where my car was parked.

A little restless, I stood watching the sea by the small rail by my car with the ferry travelling full speed. Had my iPod on and was totally taking in the beauty of the ride.

We were probably half hour or so out from Nanaimo so essentially really still out on ocean.

As I panned the scenery, and looked into middle if sky to my right, about three quarter mile up, I noticed something clearly odd and extremely bright and luminous "sitting" in front and about me in the middle of the sky!

At first I was just trying to figure out what it was, it seemed like a plane in that it was of that size, but it was not moving.

As I stared at it I could see it was a craft of some kind and not some cloud. It had shape but not definition. At this point it is still not making me think UFO, just still wondering what the hell it was.

I looked to my left, I swear for a split second, and when I looked back all I saw WAS A CLEAR BLUE SKY WITH NOTHING ANYWHERE IN IT.

THAT was when I realized I had seen a UFO. I had been staring and trying to figure out the thing for at least a minute and then there was nothing to see in the sky.

This was akin to seeing something in the sky almost as big and out of place as a house. As I became aware it was a UFO I looked around the deck where I was standing and nobody else obviously even saw what I just observed.

That freaked me out - this thing I saw was HUGE and I assumed anyone could see it. This has been a really exciting but shocking experience for me and I struggled to grasp what has happened.

There are UFOs here everyone.

I was quite unsettled about this the last two days and my cell was 'lost' four days prior. The way this thing disappeared was creepy for me to witness.

It was instantaneously I realized it was not from Earth. I have never seen anything else glow like this thing.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2012/nanaimobc091812.html

source & references:


Two Veterans Spot Large Triangle over Boston
UFO Depiction
Published: 9:03 AM 9/20/2012

Boston, Massachusetts - 08-23-12

I am a US Navy veteran, with additional experience as a Security Enforcement Officer, and also as a Park Ranger. It is my job to be critically observant at all times.

At approximately 2030 hrs on August 23, 2012, I and a companion, who is a US Army veteran, were sitting on Boston’s City Hall Plaza, located behind the New England Center for Veterans, simply "shooting the breeze" as it was a pleasant night with temps in the low 70s and a light wind from the east at approx. 5-10 MPH.

We both noticed a unique slow-moving light formation coming in from the north. NOTE: This craft had NO OBSERVABLE port and starboard/red and green lights like those required by FAA regulations on all other aircraft.

We both knew this was NOT a plane, helicopter, dirigible, blimp, hot air balloon, or ultralight, as we are both very familiar with these types of craft, including commercial, military, and private.

(Just moments before, we had observed a plane heading from northwest to southeast on its approach to Boston’s Logan Airport, and this craft DID NOT resemble, IN ANY WAY, this plane or any other known aircraft.)

It moved steadily from north to south without flight deviation of any kind, travelling (at a guess) about 25-35 MPH. As its approach got nearer, we noticed that there was NO SOUND whatsoever, and, as it passed directly overhead, we noticed that it was a triangular shape.

The outer frame of the structure was black in color from what we could see, with an inner indentation inside the outer body of a lighter black/dark gray color.

The craft had three (3) bright white lights edged with a thin outer golden color on each corner of the triangle, with a very bright LARGE white light with the same golden edge to it in the center of the craft, and at the stern/aft portion of the craft were two (2) red lights just readily seen equidistant from one another at the edge of the outer frame of the craft.

I drew a colored detailed sketch of this vehicle as it passed slowly overhead. This triangular craft continued without flight deviation due south until it passed over some buildings and out of sight.

We count ourselves fortunate to have been witness to such a sighting as the one described in detail above. We are also very much open to being contacted by your agency representative to be interviewed by your field operator in this matter.

Ken Pfeifer World UFO Photos

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2012/boston082312.html

source & references:

Submitted to UFO Casebook


Archived Case of the Week

1968 - The Tote Road, Maine Sightings
UFO Depiction
Published: 1:22 AM 1/6/2011

Waldo, Maine - 1968

This is a recount, to the best of my recollection, of events that occurred from October to December, 1968. I swear that the following is true and actually happened.

All of these sightings occurred at a place locally called “The Tote Road.” This was a wood road near Toad’s End on the east side of the Passagassawaukeag (Passy) River, and it ended on a high point of land.

This provided a view of a long field through which high-tension power lines ran. The lines are in a generally east-west direction.

The Tote Road was a place where young people hung out at night, out-of-the way, and a pleasant location to sit and listen to the radio and watch the stars.

I was one of those young people and spent many pleasant hours up on the Tote Road, often with dates and sometimes, just with my buddies.

Sometime in mid-October, we had our first unusual experience.

While sitting in my 1967 Ford, we noticed a lighted object coming along approximately 100 feet above the power line. The object came from the east and when a few hundred yards away from us, it halted, still above the power lines.

We heard no sound and were fascinated by the sight.

While we watched, we saw the object spin about. It was of a basic, elliptical shape. It was lit with red and green lights and appeared to have windows.

As it spun as if on an axis, we noted that small, lighted objects dropped from the object and drifted downward, toward the power lines. We could not discern the nature of the small objects, but they left a kind of light trail, or lighted thread as they descended.

I don’t recall seeing the small objects return to the larger, hovering object. After what might have been an hour, the large object sped off toward the west.

We were sort of shaken by the thing and left soon after the object left. But a couple nights later, we determined to return.

This became a regular habit, and we went almost every night. About half the time, we were rewarded by seeing similar objects acting in much the same way as during our initial sighting.

In fact, seeing these things became routine and we became desensitized to it. In time, we began to bring others with us to see the objects.

On some nights, we would see multiple objects. These each and every one, followed the power lines. Never, did one deviate from this pattern.

Then one night, after watching a (by this time) standard-sized object, we were amazed when another appeared above it.

The new object was giant and dwarfed the other. This was so big that it was plain to see portals, or windows, as it slowly rotated.

This rotating deserves some explaining. It didn’t appear as if the entire object rotated, just the windows. These flashed red and blue light, blinking as they went around the diameter of the object.

The craft was neither saucer-shaped or cigar-shaped, but somewhere in between, something like a elongated saucer.

We strained to see inside the windows but were unable to discern anything in any detail. We did see objects inside, but could not tell what they were.

The large object dropped multiple, small objects which descended in threadlike light trails. This scared us a bit, but we remained, watching. Eventually, the large object, the small object and the multiple small objects sped off and we left soon afterward.

This continued more or less the same through October, November, and into early December.

Then one night, Steve Woodrow and I each had dates. We went to the Tote Road to park with our girlfriends. We had some beer, which was on the back seat with Steve and his girl.

Soon, before it was even dark, an object came down the power line and this one was another very large one.

It hovered, performing the same actions as the previous one. We decided to leave the car and walk down toward the object.

Before leaving, we made sure to put our beer on the floor in back and I took off my coat (it had turned warm that night… some kind of front, apparently, had come in) and covered it, so anyone walking up to the car would not see it.

We walked down toward the object and the girls became frightened and refused to go any further. This was, as I later learned, probably good advice. So we stood there, watching this large object hover over the power lines.

UFO Depiction It was huge and the girls were speechless. This was the closest any of us had ever been to one of these.

Eventually, the girls convinced us to return to the car and they and Steve left. But I decided to walk just a little closer. I was able to make out movement inside the craft, although again, the forms were vague and indistinct.

I suddenly felt a chill and became very frightened. So I turned and ran back to the car where the others waited.

Back at the car, we watched the object take off. We left the place and took the girls home. This was on a Saturday night. The next morning, I got up and it had turned cold again.

So I went out to the car to get my coat. But it was gone. I thought that perhaps Steve or his girl had inadvertently kicked it under the seat with their feet, so I stooped down and reached under.

And I felt the arm of the coat and pulled it out. But that’s all there was to it, just the arm. This was a sheepskin-lined, corduroy coat, something like “The Marlboro Man” wore.

And someone had pulled the arm off it… think it was the left arm. Little threads stuck out at different angles, which made me think that whoever did this was very strong.

They had to have simply snapped the arm off. So I called Steve and told him off. We had an argument over the phone and I refused to believe that he wasn’t responsible for destroying my coat.

I took the sleeve and kept it in the car, to shove it in Steve’s face when I saw him. He continued to deny any knowledge of it.

After that, nobody wanted to go back up to the Tote Road. So I went by myself.

It was a good place to think, when the objects weren’t around. I went for three nights straight after the coat incident. That third night that I went there, it had snowed, a little less than an inch.

I pulled in and sat there, listening to the radio (I remember hearing the Beatles) and keeping warm with the heater running. No objects appeared.

I hadn’t seen one since the night with the girls. I went home.

I returned the following evening and pulling in, saw that nobody else had been there, the only tire tracks were my own, from the night before.

And there in the snow on one of my tire tracks was a dark form. I studied it briefly and tried to figure out how it got there. There were no footprints or tire tracks.

It was as if the thing had been dropped from the sky.

I got out of my car and walked to the thing and saw that it was what was left of my coat. I picked it up and got back in my car. I was practically paralyzed with fear.

I backed around and left as fast as I could. I have not been back to that place since, although I live only a few miles away.

I took my coat, minus the sleeve, home and showed it to my grandparents, whom I lived with. I had told them about the flying objects.

I had mentioned them before, but not in any detail. Grandpa was nonchalant about it. I don’t think he believed me.

Grandma was a righteous woman and had continually warned me that I should stop going out to that place at night… she thought the objects had to do with the devil. I discounted her thoughts.

Since my coat was ruined, Grandpa took it and went downstairs, to the drive-in basement. There, he kept his beagle hound, “Mickey.” Grandpa took my coat and placed it where Mickey slept, as an extra blanket for him.

Mickey backed away from it and growled, low and deep. His hair bristled, I remember.

Mickey was always gentle and had never before growled at anyone. Grandpa took the coat and burned it.

That is the essence of what happened. I might add that during the time we were visiting the Tote Road, Steve set up a 35mm camera on a tripod and took pictures.

He left the lens open because it was night and all he got were some time-lapse photos, with no definition.

Also, Steve contacted a man who was a UFO expert… he visited with us and took our statements. I don’t remember his name.

I think he was connected with the newly-formed Unity College. Steve may, however. It has been a long time, though.

Shortly after all this, Steve was drafted into the United States Marines and was soon deployed overseas. Steve now lives in either Washington State or Oregon… I think Washington.

Steve visited his family here in Maine several years ago. He says he does not remember ever going to the Tote Road or seeing any UFOs back in 1968 or any other time.

I live in Waldo, only about three miles in a direct line from the Tote Road and very near the same high-tension power lines where the UFOs traveled. My grandparents are both dead, long ago.

That is all I have to report about this. This is my true statement and I testify upon my oath of honor that the above-described events are true.

Forty-two years have passed and the memory of this incident haunts me.

Perhaps some day I shall undergo hypnotic regression and record the session. Maybe that would disclose further details.

Tom S., January 5, 2011

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2011/1968toteroadsightings.html

source & references:

Submitted to UFO Casebook


UFO Casebook Home Page