UFO Casebook Magazine Issue 430, Issue date, 11-01-10

Famed NASA Astronaut Confirms Extraterrestrials are Here
Clark C. McClelland
Published: Posted on October 28, 2010 by the truth behind the scenes

by Clark C. McClelland, former ScO, U.S. Space Shuttle Fleet, KSC, Florida 1958 to 1992

Space Shuttle Columbia during STS-80 took a crew of five astronauts into a 17 day, 15 hour and 54 minute mission around the earth, the longest flight in the history of this vehicle. During this lengthy flight a very strange event occurred that even had crewman Dr. Story Musgrave unable to explain what he observed from the shuttle windows.

A large disc shaped object appeared below the Columbia. The shuttle was approximately, 190 Nautical miles high. The disc was first observed to miraculously appear from out of nowhere, flying through the clouds below and progressing from right to left as the astronauts stared in utter amazement. The outer rim of the craft appeared to be rotating counter-clockwise.

It was very large (compared to common space junk and breakaway ice), approximately 50 to 150 feet in diameter.

Astronaut Dr. Story Musgrave, a Payload Specialist on the STS-80 Mission, was interviewed following the flight. As he viewed a videotape of the incident which showed lightning flashes in the atmosphere, the city lights of Denver, Colorado and other earthbound sights, he stated: “I don’t know what it is. Whether it’s a washer, debris, ice particles, I don’t know.

"But it’s characteristic of the thousands of things which I’ve seen. What is not so characteristic is it appears to come from no where. You would think that if it’s facing the dark side or facing a side towards you which is not reflecting the sun, you would think that you would see something there. It’s really impressive.”

During an earlier interview, Dr. Musgrave stated he attempted to communicate with ET life forms during each of his six missions. He actually asked them to take him with them. Now that’s an astronaut with a lot of courage. Dr. Musgrave retired after this flight from NASA.

Since then he’s been spreading his considered opinion that alien life exists. When Musgrave speaks of this, it’s no great leap for one to assume he’s admitting knowledge of alien life.

As the final slide of a “Grey” ET was shown during a recent astronomy presentation by Dr. Musgrave, he made this surprising comment: “These guys are real… I guarantee it!” Dr. Musgrave does know the truth. This author guarantees it!

Consider that carefully. These are world renown scientists making statements almost beyond belief. Dr. von Braun and others of his stature have the courage to disclose “sensitive” information, but obviously the leaders of the USA and the world do not.

If billions could find a way of coping with the overwhelming threat of atomic annihilation for half a century, it is reasonable to assume we can cope with the knowledge of these “Other Intelligence’s” from the stars. We can cope with the fact they are visiting earth, and have been since the beginning of history. We must. Those still asleep must open their eyes. We Are Not Alone.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2010/astronautconfirms.html

source & references:



The Falkville Tin Foil Alien Encounter - October 17, 1973
 Alabama Tin Foil Alien
Published: 19 Oct 2010 11:43 AM PDT

The year was 1973... I was getting ready to start my sophomore year in high school. It was a tumultuous and cynical time filled with news of Watergate, the Vietnam War, and many other historical events.

People were sick of reading about crooked politicians and continued war. UFO sightings were on the increase, culminating in abductions and extraordinary sightings... and I was riding the wave.

Unparalleled UFO encounters and alien visitations occurred worldwide during the most extraordinary "UFO Flap."

The number of UFO reports was unprecedented during this banner year. 1973 brought us the Pascagoula Incident and the Charlie Hickson and Coyne cases.

But the one event that grabbed my attention the most was the Falkville Tin Foil Alien case.

On the Autumn evening of October 17, 1973, Jeff Greenhaw, then 26-year old Chief of Police of Falkville, Alabama, was settling in with his wife for a well deserved night of rest when he received an emergency call around 10 PM that would literally change his life forever.

The call was from an hysterical anonymous woman who claimed that a UFO had landed just outside of town in a field which was owned by Bobby Summerford. Although he was off duty, Greenhaw... abiding by his sworn duty to serve and protect... jumped up, grabbed his keys, cuffs, revolver, and his Polaroid camera, on the off chance that there might be something worth taking a shot of.

He then hopped into his truck, radioed the call in and raced to the location of the alleged flying saucer landing.

When Greenhaw arrived on the scene he got out of his truck and patrolled the area, but claimed to find nothing out of the ordinary. The chief then returned to his vehicle and decided to take drive around the field before returning home.

Greenhaw cruised around the perimeter of Summerford’s property, scanning the darkness for anything unusual, but saw nothing of interest in the murky blackness.

He then turned down a narrow, gravel path for one final pass... that was when he came face to face with an unknown entity.

After traveling down the path for about a hundred yards, Greenhaw saw a being that he described as a humanoid figure standing next to the road, about 75-feet away. The chief got out of his truck and carefully approached what he still assumed to be a human being, thinking that it may be someone in need of assistance.

Greenhaw shouted to his strange companion, but it did not respond. As he got to within 15-feet of the being that was illuminated in his truck’s high-beams, the chief realized that something was very wrong.

The entity appeared to be wearing some kind of silvery, metallic suit that resembled thick aluminum foil.

Some reports also indicate that its stature was somewhat child-like or simian, like a monkey in a spacesuit. Greenhaw described what he saw:

“It looked like his head and neck were kind of made together… he was real bright, something like rubbing mercury on nickel, but just as smooth as glass-different angles give different lighting… when I saw him standing in the middle of the road I immediately stopped the car and asked if he was a foreigner, but no sound came out of his mouth.”

Greenhaw also noted that the thing had an antenna sticking out from the top of its head and that its movements were jerky and mechanical. The shocked Greenhaw realized that he was dealing with something unknown and, pushing his panic aside with years of police training, had the presence of mind to pick up his instant camera and shoot four photographs.

Tinfoil Alien The first Polaroid shows nothing but inky darkness and a flash of silver, but the next three images hit pay dirt.

In the photos one can clearly see a human-like figure wearing a wrinkly, metallic suit, which is reflecting the Polaroid’s flash.

Perhaps believing that it was being attacked by a human with some kind of “light- beam” weapon, the creature almost instantaneously turned and began sprinting across the field at speeds far in excess of those capable by human.

Greenhaw noted that it seemed to be heading in the general direction of Lacon, which is about three miles away from Falkville. The chief reacted swiftly, ran back to his truck and took off in pursuit of the 'tin foil man.'

Greenhaw would state that he managed to accelerate his truck only to about 35 MPH due to the rough terrain of the field, but that he was still completely outrun by this unusual entity, which defied the laws of gravity with it’s speed and spring-like jumps.

According to Greenhaw: “It ran in a bizarre way... seemed to have springs in the feet for propulsion, could cover about three meters in every way. He was running faster than any human I ever saw.”

During this frantic off road pursuit, Greenhaw claims he lost control of his truck and slid into a ditch. At which point he watched as the creature slipped into the darkness never to be seen again. Leaving Greenhaw with only his haunting memories of the event and a single controversial Polaroid.

Greenhaw’s experience was instantly met with skeptical derision, if not outright ridicule.

Within months of revealing his bizarre encounter, the Chief of Police was terminated by the town council, his marriage fell apart and, just when it must have seemed as if matters couldn’t get any worse, his home was burned to the ground.

All of the above factors have thrown kerosene on the already brightly burning flames of the UFO conspiracy theories surrounding this event and gives a clear indication as to why most contactees and eyewitnesses remain silent regarding their unusual experiences.

Some ufologists believe that the tin foil man was a robotic scout for an extra-terrestrial landing craft, while skeptics maintain that it was all a hoax perpetrated by Greenhaw and an unknown accomplice who was clad in a tin foil costume.

The images that Greenhaw snapped were collected and sent for analysis by Walt Andrus, a director of MUFON.

The conclusion drawn by the analysts was that the encounter was most likely a fabrication... probably inspired by all the furor surrounding the recent Pascagoula case.

If was presumed that aluminum foil or an asbestos fire suit was used to create the unusual look of the creature.

Interestingly, the negatives of the Greenhaw pictures that were studied by MUFON seem to show images of a “flying saucer” amongst them, although no one ever claimed to have photographed the object initially reported.

Chief Greenhaw garnered no financial gain or positive notoriety due to his experience and, while he has managed to rebuild some semblance of a normal life, all reports indicate that he continues to regret his encounter with this unknown.

To this day, however, Greenhaw and his supporters insist that he had an actual encounter with an alien being.

See the UFO Casebook case file, The Alabama Tin Foil Alien.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2010/greenhawalien.html

source & references:









Triangle UFO Spotted over Louisiana
UFO Depiction
Published: 2:52 PM 10/29/2010

Sightings of UFO in American skies at this time of the year this year seems to be part and parcel of the daily lives of people. The number of remarkable reports that have been made up to this point is somewhat alarming according to some people.

However, if the previous reports were to be taken note of, the most recent of the reports in this direction seems to be eerily spooky.

Louisiana stood witness to multiple UFO sightings in the twilight of the evening skies. On the 24th of this month a particular family in the region witnessed the most extraordinary spectacle of their lives. The sightings were made at around the time of quarter to seven in the evening.

There were multiple sightings that were made from the backyard of this family. The most intriguing of them all seem to be the reports of a UFO that took a triangular shape and was accompanied with a tail.

The color according to the dwellers of the place was simply black. The tail was luminous white that seemed to shed off after a matter of moments.

The direction of the triangular form seemed to be to the east. The lady of the house could not have let this one slip and sealed their moment in history by capturing it on frames from three different angles. However, after she had went into the house, her child and husband got the exciting glimpse of a second sighting.

The second time that they saw the triangular form, it was hanging from the skies right above their heads. The proximity of the floater let her confirm that it was indeed a space craft.

However, the closer pictures could not be taken according to them as the memory in the camera was full already.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2010/trianglelouisiana.html

source & references:


Connect to UFO Casebook

Reader Relates Sightings over Ohio
UFO over Georgia
Published: Ohio - 10-27-10

Back in 1976, when I was 10-11 years old, I had two encounters with craft during daylight and at a close proximity to me which has made me a believer in UFOs ever since.

I don't believe that either of these craft could have been anything that we could have "reverse engineered," though I do believe that we do now have some "home grown" UFOs here in the U.S. which would make it hard to discern between "theirs" and "ours."

I have continually "watched the skies" for the past 35 years and have had (to my regret) no other encounters since those two when I was a young boy, but that's all changed in the past week as I have had three separate sightings in less than a week.

I've read that UFO sightings have had a sharp increase this year. I wasn't going to report the 2nd sighting... feeling that people would think I was some kind of crackpot who was making it up after just having reported one a few days prior (two in one week).

Then, I had the THIRD sighting and decided that I was obligated to report them all, regardless if anyone believes me or not. We're never going to get any kind of disclosure from our Government if we don't speak up and tell what we've been seeing!

I believe we are about to have some type of Earth changing "event" which will lead up to "something big" in 2012 in regard to our own evolutionary/spiritual changes as well as a new age of truth (though full disclosure may come in stages) in regard to Aliens/UFOs and our "real" history as a species.

I think the increase in UFO activity is just the beginning.

Here are brief details of the sightings I have had this past week (I won't go into detail about the one's 35 years ago, though they were quite incredible):

1- 10-21/22-10?(can't recall exact day, I reported it that evening on MUFON site right after I saw it late in the evening) - Extremely bright star like object- silver white light. Hovered silently in the sky and quickly dimmed over the last 5 seconds that I saw it. The whole thing only lasted about 15 seconds.

2-10-24-10-Late evening (10:30-11:30 pm, EST). 6-8 Bright quickly flashing/strobing Red and White lights on bottom of a craft that flew directly over me at an altitude of maybe 1000-2000 feet. No sound.

Could tell by strobing lights that the craft was either triangular or circular from the way the lights lit up the under side of it. Kept it in sight for several minutes as it approached me, flew directly over and past me and then out of sight.

3-10-27-10- 10:25pm (EST)- This was the best one of the week! Four extremely bright white lights on the side facing me (I believe the lights went all the way around the circumference) on what I believe was an oval/saucer shaped craft, no more than 100 yards away.

The lights were so bright it was hard to make out the exact details of the craft. It was approximately 50' in diameter, and it "floated" silently about 100 ft. off the ground, through the tree(s) (gaining altitude slowly as it moved from (my) left to right as if it had just taken off from being on the ground).

Then past the tree(s) into a clearing where I saw it without any obstruction at all (though with the leaves falling off the trees this time of year I was able to see it pretty well even when it was "behind" them).

It continued to gain altitude and speed until the roofs of the houses obstructed its view, but I observed it for at least 100-150 yards.

The evening after the 3rd sighting I was reading about the increase of UFO activity and came across this photo that a couple had taken of a UFO in GA just two nights prior (10-25-10) to my sighting which looks EXACTLY like the craft that I last saw. I'm going to have to start taking my phone/camera with me when I go outside to smoke!

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2010/ohio102710.html

source & references:

Submitted to the UFO Casebook

Video: Unknown Object over Cape Coral, Florida
UFO Depiction
Published: 2:09 PM 10/27/2010

Florida - 10-25-10

The sighting occurred in North West Cape Coral, Florida, zip code 33993, near the coast. Witnesses are Hispanic and their voices are heard during recording.

One witness, a woman, was sitting resting at a family gathering when she observed an unusual red light which started to descend in the distance, on the sea or near the coast. She noted it was not a familiar plane light.

The approximate distance appeared be a mile or more from the place of observation to where the object could be seen. The light becomes a huge, illuminated structure and after awhile the woman called other persons in the house to look at the object.

One of the people went in search of a camcorder that could not be found in time. Other people began recording the object with the video feature of a common camera.

The recording starts when the object was apparently stopped, just before it begins to separate into several illuminated structures. The largest section seems elongated; with two rectangles that seems like windows in its central part.

This section falls outside the field of the camera, and the recording is focused in two sections that are separated, and begin to perform very fast movements keeping close to each other.

One of these sections has a small light that rotates in a circle and change colors.

One witness says that it is not a light Bengal.(?) There are exclamations of surprise and excitement. The person that handles the camera said: come on, ET!

The object disappeared in all its parts suddenly about 2 minutes later. Witnesses did not appreciate any sound coming from the object during the event.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2010/florida102510.html

source & references:

Submitted through www.mufon.com

Archived Case of the Week

The Allagash Abduction

Depiction of Event

The Event:

The Allagash Waterway is a series of lakes and canals in the breathtaking mountains of Maine. This lovely area would be the site of one of the most discussed and best documented alien abduction cases on record. A dramatized version was featured on the "Unsolved Mysteries" television show.

The Allagash incident would involve multiple witnesses, four to be exact, twin brothers Jack and Jim Weiner, along with their friends Chuck Rak and Charlie Foltz. The four men had met while studying at the Massachusetts College of Art, and they were all beginning their respective careers.

The four artists would turn into sportsmen for what they thought would be an enjoyable, relaxing trip. Their trip to Allagash would be memorable, but not for the reasons they had hoped for.

It would be in August 1976, that the four men began their vacation, and part way through their canoeing, they reached Eagle Lake, padding to it's mouth to do some fishing. Not having any luck, and running low on food, they decided to try some night fishing. Before leaving the bank, they built an extremely large campfire to be a landmark light from the water.

After a time on the lake, the four suddenly saw a light... a light that seemed much brighter than a star. The glowing orb was hovering over the trees a couple of hundred yards away. The object changed colors as it moved back and forth; red, then green, then a whitish yellow.

The massive object was estimated to be about 80 feet in diameter. The object slowly moved across the tops of the trees along the bank, and as it came closer to the four fishermen, Charlie Foltz signaled an SOS with his flashlight. Immediately, the object silently moved toward the canoe.

The Allagash Four A guarded curiosity now turned into a frantic dash for the bank. As they paddled as fast as they could, a hollow light came from the object, engulfing the men and their canoe. The next thing the men knew, they were standing on the bank again. Charlie pointed his flashlight toward the object again, but this time it rose up and out of their view, as it showed it's beam once more before disappearing into the Allagash sky.

Wondering what had transpired, the men were shocked to see their once glowing fire to be nothing but smoldering ashes. This should have taken several hours, and the four friends wondered, "What happened to the last couple of hours?"

Very little was said as the four men packed up their gear and went back to the everyday grinds of their respective careers. In time the night of the UFO would begin to have a profound effect on their lives.

Jack Weiner was the first to start having nightmares. In these dreams, he saw beings with long necks, and large heads. He saw the beings examining his arm, while Jim, Chuck, and Charlie sat on a nearby bench, not able to intervene.

The beings had large metallic glowing eyes with no lids, and their hands were insect-like, with four fingers. The other three men were experiencing very similar dreams, with short, mental clips of that awful night on the lake. In 1988, out of curiosity, Jim Weiner attended a UFO conference hosted by Raymond Fowler.

Weiner met Fowler afterwards, and related his strange encounter. The investigator was excited about Jim's story, especially the fact that it was a multiple witness occurrence. Fowler suggested to Jim that he and the others undergo regressive hypnosis. After the sessions, it was revealed that all four of the men had been abducted, and subjected to humiliating physical examinations, including the taking of skin and fluid samples.

Sketch The men's description of the aliens was consistent, and being artists, they were able to make detailed sketches of the entities, the craft, and the examining instruments. Chuck Rak added that the aliens' test area was similar to a vet's office, with a silvery table. He also related a strange fact: he had much difficulty in focusing on the aliens. When he tried, he could not put an exact image to them.

He compared it to trying to tune in a fuzzy radio station.

After the psychiatric examinations, all four of the men were deemed to be mentally stable, and they all passed lie-detector tests. All of the information gleaned from the detailed hypnotic sessions, and investigative reports provide strong evidence that something "not of this world" was encountered by these four men on the Allagash Waterway in 1976. This case is still considered unexplainable by conventional scientific means.

(Allagash The Event written by B J Booth)


When you chat with Anthony Constantino, there's always one inevitable question: "Do you believe them?" "Them" is a group of four friends who went camping on the Allagash Waterway in northern Maine in the summer of 1976.

Maybe you saw them recently on the Joan Rivers Show, where they detailed an ordeal in which they claimed they had a close encounter with a UFO.

They are receiving national attention with the release this summer of "The Allagash Abductions" written by Raymond Fowler of Wenham who is a director of investigations for the Mutual UFO Network.

Those who are familiar with this case know that the full story, with all its mysterious and harrowing details, wasn't revealed until Anthony Constantino of Beverly placed the four men under hypnosis, and revealed events that had been pushed into their unconscious.

"It was the most intense experience I've had as a hypnotist," says Constantino.

The conscious part of the story begins on Thursday, August 26, 1976, when the four men - Chuck Rak, Charlie Foltz, and identical twins Jim and Jack Weiner, set up camp on Eagle Lake in Maine, and decided to go fishing in the evening. They built a huge bonfire to act as a beacon for their return to camp.

Soon after they were out in their canoe, they saw "a large bright sphere of colored light hovering motionless and soundless about 200 to 300 feet above the southeastern rim of the cove," according to Rak.

Foltz blinked a flashlight at the object. Maybe that was a bad idea. The UFO began to approach the canoe, while a cone-shaped beam of light from the object struck the water and began following the canoe. More inspired than any Olympic athletes, the four campers began paddling for shore.

But the beam engulfed them, and the next thing they remembered, they were in the canoe, near the shore of the lake, watching the UFO ascend and disappear.

The bonfire was now nothing more than embers. Built with heavy logs, the fire should have lasted hours. It was the first indication that more time had elapsed than they could remember, but they had no conscious memory of what had happened.

It was years later before the four men explored that missing period of time. When Jim Weiner suffered tempero-limbic epilepsy, his doctors asked him to report any unusual experiences that might be symptomatic.

Weiner described his UFO experience, and various phenomena that had happened to him and his camping buddies since then. His doctors suggested he contact a UFO researcher.

Enter Anthony Constantino. A professional hypnotist from Beverly, who also works as an English teacher at Masconomet High School, Constantino had hypnotized Ray Fowler in 1988, helping him to remember the details of Fowler's own alleged abduction in Danvers.

Fowler was leading the investigation of the Allagash abductions for the Mutual UFO Network, and he wanted Constantino to hypnotize each of the four men separately.

All four men were willing to participate.

"It's natural," says Constantino. "They wanted to know if something had happened to them -- especially if it were something traumatic. They wanted to know for sure."

In 1989, in the dark den of Constantino's Beverly home, each of the four men separately recounted a tale of being beamed aboard the UFO that night on Eagle Lake.

Under hypnosis, they described the diffusely lit, sterile interior of the spacecraft, the spindly fingered big-eyed bald-headed aliens that Whitley Strieber popularized with his non-fiction book "Communion," and strange medical experiments conducted on each man.

Constantino says Fowler was cool and professional as he observed the 12 hours of hypnosis sessions, but Constantino admits that at times he had difficulty repressing his own astonishment.

"I'm the one who kept making faces at Ray, like, I can't believe this. I can't believe what was done to these guys."

Which brings us back to The Question. Constantino conducted three-hour hypnosis sessions with each of the four men. He heard their voices fill with fear as they explained how medical instruments were inserted into their bodies, and how communication from the aliens was telepathic.

Constantino says he went into the session "with no preconceived notions," nothing more than a healthy curiosity about an unexplained phenomenon.

But was he convinced?

"Do you believe them?" Constantino is asked.

He pauses and rubs his chin, as if weighing the gravity of the question.

He looks up and nods solemnly. "I do," he says. After working with those guys, I was scared. I still am. I think it's true. I think they were being tagged -- the way we tag and study sharks and bears and then release them.

The men were highly indignant that they were taken (aboard) and these things were done to them without their permission.

(Allagash Aftermath written by Alexander Stevens)

This article was taken from the Arts & Leisure section of the North Shore Sunday newspaper published in Salem, MA dated September 12, 1993:


Ray Fowler, "The Allagash Abductions."

UFO Casebook Home Page