UFO Casebook Magazine


UFO Casebook Forum

toolbar powered by Conduit

UFO Casebook Magazine Issue 388, Issue date, 12-14-09

Share This Page with a Friend

Roswell Crash Revelations from the Foster Ranch - Anthony Bragalia
Brazel House
Published: 8:19 AM 12/8/2009

The UFO Iconoclast(s)

posted by RRRGroup - Monday, December 07, 2009

New Mexico ranches are some of the most spectacular in the country. But one spread of land there holds a special distinction. It is said that in July of 1947 a craft from another world crashed from the sky onto the Foster Ranch outside Roswell. Strewn wide across the desert grasses, arroyos and rock outcroppings lay unearthly debris from a flying saucer.

Recently obtained information provides astonishing insight about what fell on the Foster fields. Two descendants of the famous ranching family have come forward to tell their stories of what they know about the event. A recently acquired federal document indicates that the government has forever barred the ranch from development. And as the investigation continues, we find the possibility of a pay-off for rancher silence!

What celestial secrets do the soils at the Foster Ranch hold?


Mac (sometimes spelled Mack) Brazel was the Ranch Manager for the Fosters at the time of the Roswell crash. He reported finding a large batch of unusual "debris" scattered on the grounds of the Foster ranch. The debris was apparently like nothing he had ever seen before. The nature of the material was so strange that Mac felt compelled to bring pieces of it to Loretta and Floyd Proctor, who owned an adjacent ranch.

In a conversation with this author last year I asked Loretta (still active at 95) what she thought of the debris. I asked her if - over 60 years later - she still believed the debris shown to her to be special. She replied: "Yes." She said that it was not wood, it was not metal. It was not fiberglass nor any type of known material.

She said: "I've never have seen anything like it before or since." I then asked, "Loretta, all these years on - with all of the advances in metals and plastics - do you really believe that the material you saw was not from Earth?" She replied without hesitation, "Yes, I really do." The debris was apparently like nothing Mac had ever seen before either. The nature of the material was strange enough that he felt compelled to bring pieces of it to the Proctors. He also showed it to the owner of Wade Bar, Jesse Wade. Mac was motivated enough by his find to report it the Roswell Sheriff, George Wilcox. Mac also met with Roswell Army Air Field intelligence personnel to relate his discovery.

It is known that Mac had stated that if he ever found anything at all like that again, that "they are going to have a hard time getting me to say anything about it!" True to his word, he never spoke publicly about the incident again.


The owners of the Foster Ranch were twin brothers named H.S. (Henry) Foster and J.B. "Jap" or "Jasper" Foster. The Foster family had substantial land holdings throughout the states of New Mexico and Texas (including at Midland and Kent, TX.)

Often overlooked is that the Fosters - as owners of the ranch - had to have had a major role in the crash saga. After all, it was their ranch that was cordoned off for some time. It was their ranch to which access was restricted. Mac's son Paul Brazel (in a rare statement about the event) said that the military would not even allow them to water and feed their livestock during the recovery.

According to Joe, his Uncle said, "You know what always riled me, even up to this day? Every time I tried to get to the main ranch house to water the horses in all that summer heat, the damn Army forced me off the ranch! I tried again the next day and they still threw me off our property. I was sure that they had done nothing for the animals."

Paul Brazel avoided discussion with Roswell researchers throughout his life. But in discussions with investigators Tom Carey and Don Schmitt, Paul's nephew related that Paul had arrived first to the ranch to take over affairs during their father's absence (as Mac was being interrogated by RAAF.) Property belonging to the Fosters was transgressed by military.

Work time and ranch profits were lost. The government had seriously impinged private property. They had sent in soldiers and equipment and had literally "taken over" the ranch for a long period of time. Ranch hands and family were removed from their own land. The Fosters (in Texas at the time of the crash) had surely been made aware that their ranch was the location of the fallen disc. Newspaper articles appearing in publications across the country must have caught there attention.

It seemed likely that either Mac and/or the military itself had made the owners of the ranch aware that the property was a subject of military investigation. In fact it is now known that Mac did did indeed call his employers the Fosters to dutifully alert them to the situation. Geraldine Perkins, who ran a grocery store in Corona, indicated in a relatively recent interview that she had allowed Mac to use the telephone within the store to notify his employers of the crash.

The daughter of JB Foster was located by authors Tom Carey and Don Schmitt. Their discussion with the Foster daughter, Joann Purdie, is reported in the newly revised Witness to Roswell (2009) book by authors Tom Carey and Don Schmitt (to which this author contributed material.)

Joann Purdie agrees that something very serious and of great concern had happened at the family ranch. She said, "My Dad knew that it was a flying saucer and never changed his story. And just as the Army had warned and threatened Mack Brazel, they did the same to him."

Joann encountered Mac many times after the crash. He would say nothing to her about the event, other than that it was not a weather balloon. She maintains that Mac had called her father after the crash to tell him what had happened and that military had overrun the property. She had observed how her father's attitude and demeanor had changed so drastically after the crash.

She told the researchers, "Whatever he saw or heard for himself, he too did not want to talk about it after he returned home." But Purdy believes that based on what she had gathered in bits and pieces overy the years that followed, the debris that had fallen on the family ranch was not from Earth. It was material that was entirely unknown. She is suspicious about Mac's death too. And due to specific comments made to her by her Dad, she said, "I have absolutely no doubt that he believed the threats and that they meant business."

Cody Derek, a Foster Great Grandson, has come forward to state that his family has known that it was an extraterrestrial craft that crashed on the ranch. In approximately 2000, after a TV show on Roswell had aired, Cody questioned his Grandfather, H.S. Foster's son (whom he called Papa) about the event. Papa acted very uncharacteristic and evasive with his grandson when questioned, so Cody dropped the matter sensing that it was upsetting to his grandfather to discuss the incident.

In 2005, when Papa passed away, Cody asked his Uncle about the nature of the Roswell crash. Cody's Uncle confirmed that he remembered the crash well and that he was 17 at the time. When asked by Cody point-blank if it was a UFO, his Uncle replied:

"Those boys up there told me they were certain without a doubt that it was a flying saucer." When Cody asked if there were any pilots of the craft - bodies - found within the wreckage, his Uncle sputtered, "Uh, uh, I don't know. I can't remember."

Then he said sternly to his nephew that was all he knew about that. Cody sensed that this was still a very sensitive matter with the family and let the matter drop. As so often with the Roswell story, when talk comes 'round to the bodies, it is met with silence.


The United States Government had issued an edict: No development at the Foster Ranch - even today.

The US Department of Interior's Bureau of Land Management (BLM) administers hundred of millions of acres of property throughout the nation. Among other administrative responsibilities, they review and approve federal land transfers and they grant authority for subsurface exploration underlying Federal, State and private land.

The BLM also issues Environmental Assessments (EA's) for property. The BLM's Roswell, NM Office has recorded an assessment entitled, "Environmental Assessment for Grazing Authorization of Allotment 63020" which includes the Foster Ranch.

A stunning notation about this allotment is found within the document:

"One of the alleged UFO crashes of 1947 is located on this allotment. The UFO crash site has been excluded from rights-of-way and mineral leasing. The site will be withdrawn from mining claim location and is designated NSO for oil and gas leasing." Relevant portions from the actual document are extracted here:


This notation is extraordinary. It is an official federal document that expressly forbids mineral, oil, gas or similar development at the ranch. It also forbids right of way. This means that no road, powerline, fiber optic network, railroad or highway may ever be built on the land. Why is this so? What may still lie beneath Foster soils?


The Foster's Great Grandson Cody Derek states that the Fosters acquired additional properties after the period of 1947. He says that they literally "made a fortune off of oil." He believes that it is distinctly possible that the Fosters were favored with property transfer of federal lands (or other types of land rights) in exchange for the family's "compliance" during the event - and to assure their continued silence on the matter.

Although these favors to the Fosters could have been granted in any state, it is interesting to note that a historic review of BLM property transfer records lists eight entries for "Henry Foster" in NM for eight different properties transfers. But details of these transfers remain unavailable. They are not recorded in these records because, according to documents, they have "not been assigned for system automation."

Something fell from afar at the Fosters. Their descendants - and the documents - tell us this. And whatever it could have been was buried beneath the silence of the involved and perhaps - the government may fear - the soils of their ranch.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009d/fosterranch.html

source & references:


UFOs and SETI by Kevin Randle
Published: Saturday, December 05, 2009

Iím not a big fan of SETI but only because it seems to have made some early assumptions in its search for extraterrestrial intelligence that might be too human in nature. That is, originally, they were looking for radio signals at what they called the water hole or the most common radio frequencies because they believed that any advanced civilization would be using radio and looking in the same place.

I can think of all sorts of things that are wrong with that assumption, but hey, you had to start somewhere. Yes, I know they have now expanded beyond that and that they can search huge portions of the sky fairly rapidly.

As one who supports the idea that some UFOs represent alien visitation, I was always a little annoyed at the SETI attitude that UFOs had nothing to do with what they were attempting to do. That is, contact an extraterrestrial intelligence. Iím not saying they should have signed up UFO supporters but they should have made a pass at that evidence in case there was something relevant to their search.

But, of course, I supported the idea behind SETI because if they were successful, then one of the reasons to reject UFOs as alien would be eliminated... just as the discovery of extra solar planets have eliminated one of the reasons.

Given all this, I was horrified to learn, according to KPHO-TV in Phoenix, that Brad Niesluchowski, had resigned as a teacher from the Highley Unified School District because he had signed up the districtís computers to participate in the SETI@home project (and for those of you who donít know what it is, Google it).

A spokeswomen for the district said that they would support cancer research but not something like the search for "E.T." She pointed out that it was costing the district about a million a year to support the program because it kept the districtís computers working all the time which upped their utility fees and caused additional wear and tear on the computers causing more repairs and replacements.

Okay. Fair enough. If the fellow had done this on his own, and it was costing the district that much, then, hey, he made a bad call... except the software used to download the program had been authorized by a previous school administration.

Wait a minute. He didnít decide for himself to do this. He got permission... then why is he out of a job and why is there now a police investigation? And this has been going on for ten years.

The SETI folks see him as a hero. I have to agree. Seems to me that someone in the school administration didnít see that it was going to cost so much (and I wonder if it really does) but Nez, as he is known in the SETI world, got authorization to do it. Shut it down if you must but donít punish the guy for something he was given permission to do.

Posted by KRandle at 1:39 PM

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009d/ufosseti.html

source & references:


Unknown Objects Seen over Manchester, UK - Caught on Camera
Published: 8:44 AM 12/9/2009

Manchester, UK -12-03-09

It was last Thursday 3rd December, 2009, that my UFO Sighting occurred at just after 3 AM in the morning, I do not want to give the exact location of where I live, except to say that this sighting occurred in Greater Manchester, UK.

I arrived home from work at 2:45 AM. The first thing that I did was to put the dog out in the back garden, I then remember switching on Sky news, and then made a coffee. It was just after 3 AM when I stood at the back kitchen door drinking a mug of coffee, smoking a cigarette, and watching my dog sniff around the garden when I spotted the strange light.

The light was a very bright whitish/orangish/reddish object, and appeared to be a jagged triangular shape. I have to point out that the actual color of the light, especially around the edges was much more of a fiery, orange, but has showed up more of a reddish color on both the photos and video.

I suspect this could be due to the fact that the camera I was using was a cheap digital phone camera. The object was almost directly above my house, and it is difficult to say how high up in the sky it was, it appeared to be several hundred feet from the ground, but it could have been a lot further away.

I am pretty sure that what I was seeing was the bottom of the object, it was completely silent and I could not see any movement, it seemed to be completely still.

Also, what else that is not seen on the photos or video is that at times the object appeared to look like it was on fire, and I am pretty sure that I saw what looked like smoke or steam around the object. The light appeared to the naked eye to be roughly the size of a 5 pence piece held at arm's length.

I stood and observed the brightly lit object for about 45 seconds before I went inside and got my mobile phone. I took 7 still photos in total, 2 normal and 5 at full zoom (5 x digital zoom). I then started to video the object on my mobile phone, what happened next was just completely mind boggling and quiet a spectacle.

After filming the light for about 30 seconds, suddenly a smaller circular-shaped light, greenish/white in appearance, appeared from nowhere. I stood and observed the second object and watched as it blinked on and off several times, whilst also disappearing and re-appearing in different parts of the night sky as well as moving around the larger triangular object.

I have to say, some of the maneuvers and speed of the moving light was just simply stunning, mind boggling, and just plain weird. After roughly 1 minute, the circular light shot off in a northwesterly direction at tremendous speed, blinked out, and just simply vanished.

I continued to film the main object for roughly a further 30 seconds before it just went out, it was like someone switched a light off, there was an orangish/reddish flash and the thing was gone. I am pretty sure that I saw an orangish streak dart away, this only lasted for no more than a second, and unfortunately does not show up on the video clip.

I must have gone in and out of the garden about 15 times over the course of the next hour to see if I could see the thing again, I never saw anything else and I went to bed.

I have to say, at the time and after the sighting, I never really thought that much about it, I wasn't thinking UFOs, flying saucers, aliens, or anything like that. I thought "That's pretty weird," and that's all I remember thinking.

It was the next day and the following few days that it started to dawn on me just what I had seen. I have done some research on the Internet in the last week and I am amazed how much stuff is out there regarding UFOS, I never ever had any interest before my sighting and I didn't realize that there was so much on the web.

I have shown the photos and video to several people and the main reaction that I received was "Wow", "Weird." I showed the footage to a good friend of mine, he thinks that what I witnessed was nothing more than some kind of military aircraft.

I suppose that I could not rule that out as an explanation but, I have visited many air shows over the years and seen lots of stuff on the TV and DVDs about aircraft, jets etc, and I can honestly say that I have never seen anything that can perform maneuvers and move as fast as the objects that I witnessed.

I am not saying that what I witnessed was aliens, but I would love someone to show me something man made that can perform like the objects that I witnessed, I have never seen anything remotely close.

I have decided to contact several people in the world of UFOLOGY and see what they have to say. I would be grateful if you could perhaps get an expert in analysis to have a look at my evidence and please get back to me.

Download Windows Video - 1.2 MB - Time - 00:46

(right click on link, from menu select "save target as")

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009d/manchester120309.html

source & references:

Submitted to UFO Casebook

Triangle Sighting over East Village, NYC
New York - 11-28-09

My friend wanted to go on to the roof of his apartment building on the corner of 10th Street & 1st Avenue in the East Village of New York City to see the stars and planets.

It was a clear night. He was pointing out Orion's Belt, Sirius dog stars, many constellations, and the planets Mars & Saturn. He said if we stare in this section, which I think was northeast, we might be able to see a shooting star.

We stared at the sky for a many minutes until he said, "Look! what's that?"

Then to the right, which i think was east of us, was a black triangular craft hovering low and moving slowly away from us. All 3 of us saw it. Then it turned behind a taller building across the street.

We walked towards the other end of the roof to see if it would come back around. But I was very cold and scared, and told them we should go inside. I would not have believed this if they hadn't seen it too.

If anyone told me they saw it I would think they were crazy, but all 3 of us DID see it! I feel it is my duty to report this event to MUFON and that everyone should know that this really did happen.

On Saturday, November 28, 2009, Myself and 2 of my friends saw a silent, slow moving, black triangular UFO over New York City.

permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009d/eastvillage.html

source & references:

Submitted through www.mufon.com


Golden Cigar UFO Report - Montana, 1957
Published: 10:40 AM 12/11/2009

Montana -1957

My two aunts and my grandfather saw a huge, cigar-shaped UFO here in Montana in 1957, believe it or not. I have talked to Brian Vike about that one. It was one of those earlier sightings, and it really was stunning according to my aunts and my grandfather.

He talked about it until he died, and this was a man who was born in 1886. My two aunts are in their late 80s now, but still alive thankfully, and they too still reminisce about the giant cigar ship.

They saw it between the towns of Laurel and Red Lodge, Montana. Back in those days in Montana, the roads weren't very busy and they said they never noticed anyone else on the road the whole time this experience happened.

They got out of the car to watch, and here came this huge object that looked like a giant airliner without wings. It had no appendages, made no noise, and had portholes all along it. They were close enough to see the details of it.

They saw no one in the portholes, but the object was a brushed, golden colour. It also appeared to have a greenish cloud in FRONT of it that moved along with it. The cloud thing wasn't behind it like exhaust. I find that part fascinating.

As they continued to watch standing by the side of the road, the object zoomed over them and towards the Pryor Mountains, closer to Billings. As they watched, it got to a certain point over the mountains, and just stopped in mid-air. It sat for approximately 3 minutes and then just sank straight down like a helicopter would into the mountains.

The greenish cloud was in front of it the whole time, my aunt Jean said. That side of my family all became huge believers back then because of this experience. It was just too amazing and such a close encounter they could never get it out of their minds.

I remember sitting on my grandfathers lap as a kid, and him telling the sighting to me. He was always so amazed. He died at age 99. I thought it would behoove me to tell you of this family sighting, although it didn't involve me personally.

My two aunts are still alive and will vouch for what I have told you here. As I said, they are in their late 80's, but their memories are excellent and I'm sure if you or anyone else would ever want to talk to them about this experience, they would be happy to oblige.

The Pryor Mountains, incidentally, have a long history of odd happenings, sightings and other things. The local Crow Indians consider it sacred land, and it is known as the abode of the "Little People" according to them. It's even somewhat near where "Pedro the Mummy" was found in Wyoming back in the 30's or so.


permanent link: http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009d/montana1957.html

source & references:

Submitted to UFO Casebook

THE UFO CASEBOOK Domain is owned and operated by Casebook Productions.

Legal: The names, UFO Casebook, UFO Casebook Productions, and the UFO Casebook logo are registered with the proper agencies of the United States patent, and copyright offices. Any use of these names or logo without the expressed written consent of owner B J Booth is prohibited by American and International law.

Editor B. J. Booth is a member of MUFON.